Why is it so difficult and expensive to change to a different phone?
gozz

Been a long time Verizon customer. Never had any issues with service or billing over the years.  But recently I've become

unhappy with Apple and the iPhone. I'm currently on my second iPhone. I would like to switch to an Android device

but since I'm in mid contract can't do it without paying full price for a new phone. I'd be more than willing to sign up

for a new contract with a different phone. Is there anyway around this or do I just have to suck it up and use a device

iI'm not happy with until my contract expires?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is it so difficult and expensive to change to a different phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details, gozz! The discount on the devices is contigent on completing the two year agreement. The value of iPhones is held typically well. As kaebfly mentioned, you may want to consider trading in to help offset the cost. You may check the value of your device here: http://bit.ly/GGnDDC
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Gozz,

We want you to be happy with your device! What is causing you to no longer like your current device? When is your upgrade date?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You will likely have to either pay full retail (which if you sell your current device and it's in great condition you can use the money to offset that cost) or find a used device that you like. Not sure if you would be eligible for the Device Payment Plan options since you're only 7 months in...

Are to just tired of Apple and wanting to switch or is there a repeat problem you're experiencing with your current model?

0 Likes
gozz

TThank you for your response. I'm an old computer nerd(emphasis on old) and used to being able to customize my devices to work the way I want them to. An iPhone is a great device but will only function the way Apple wants it to work. 

Not necessarily the way you may want it to. My contract expires in October 2016.  Thanks again.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Oh ok so it's not a defect or anything with the device. You just don't like that you can't do whatever you want to it without altering it. In your case like I said, you're probably going to have to eat the cost and pay full retail to switch (and as mentioned, you can sell your iPhone and make decent money depending on the condition and the model) or find the device you're interested in used from a third party. Hope you find what you're looking for

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details, gozz! The discount on the devices is contigent on completing the two year agreement. The value of iPhones is held typically well. As kaebfly mentioned, you may want to consider trading in to help offset the cost. You may check the value of your device here: http://bit.ly/GGnDDC
YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I would suggest selling versus trading in. You tend to get more value when selling versus trading in.

0 Likes