Why is it cheaper to leave verizon including ETF?
mova

I am seriously thinking of leaving for T-mobile. I have a family plane with 3 iPhones and 6gb of shared data and pay $206 a month. That includes my discount from work.  I can pay my ETF for three iPhones Unlimited everything "bring your own device" and still save money. Directly from their website:

3 Lines Plan

$ 150 per month

Plus taxes, fees and monthly device payment

Line 1 / $ 70 month

• Unlimited talk, text and web
  • Unlimited high-speed data on our network. Up to 2.5GB of Smartphone Mobile HotSpot (SMH) service.
  • International roaming

Line 2 / $ 50 month

• Unlimited high-speed data on our network. Up to 2.5GB of Smartphone Mobile HotSpot (SMH) service.
  • International roaming

Line 3 / $ 30 month

• International roaming

That does not included my 25% employer discount. That would bring me to $113 plus taxes and fees. About three months of service would pay off my ETF. Over the next 9 months i'd save about $800 to switch.  One year left on contract. Why is Verizon so much? Why should I stay? Don't say coverage because I have a "network extender" in my house and I live in a large city.

Thanks for any help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is it cheaper to leave verizon including ETF?
Not applicable

Well no one can really answer that question. Opinions maybe.

On T-Mobile your first line is $50 unlimited Talk & Text. add in $20 for unlimited data with 500Mb of teathering per month. add taxes and fees around $79 but you lose that 25% discount. You may have a discount of 15% I don't know who you get the discount from.

On the second line it is $40 for unlimited Talk & Text and again add in $20 for Unlimited data with 500Mb of teathering per month. So that costs $60.00 plus taxes and fees around $66.00

Now your third line is $20 for unlimited Talk & Texting and another $20 for unlimited data with 500Mb of teathering per month for a cost of $40 plus taxes and fees. Around $45 per month.

So its $79.00+$66.00+$45=$190 per month for the three lines. if you get a discount subtract that from the total.

Now you have to purchase three devices at full price so that will cost you around $1900.00 plus tax, sim kits at $10.00 each but you can place these devices on T-Mobiles EIP plan so you pay maybe $25 per month for twenty four months.

Again another issue is T-Mobile has very bad service in many areas. They are in fourth place and although they are building out, the coverage is terrible. in major cities it us great. but if you travel, forget it. And yes I have one line of service with them.

http://www.t-mobile.com

However if you travel look at the free texting and data from over 100 countries, and they only charge .20¢ per minute for all global calling. It is the best deal in the cell phone industry.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why is it cheaper to leave verizon including ETF?
Not applicable

Well no one can really answer that question. Opinions maybe.

On T-Mobile your first line is $50 unlimited Talk & Text. add in $20 for unlimited data with 500Mb of teathering per month. add taxes and fees around $79 but you lose that 25% discount. You may have a discount of 15% I don't know who you get the discount from.

On the second line it is $40 for unlimited Talk & Text and again add in $20 for Unlimited data with 500Mb of teathering per month. So that costs $60.00 plus taxes and fees around $66.00

Now your third line is $20 for unlimited Talk & Texting and another $20 for unlimited data with 500Mb of teathering per month for a cost of $40 plus taxes and fees. Around $45 per month.

So its $79.00+$66.00+$45=$190 per month for the three lines. if you get a discount subtract that from the total.

Now you have to purchase three devices at full price so that will cost you around $1900.00 plus tax, sim kits at $10.00 each but you can place these devices on T-Mobiles EIP plan so you pay maybe $25 per month for twenty four months.

Again another issue is T-Mobile has very bad service in many areas. They are in fourth place and although they are building out, the coverage is terrible. in major cities it us great. but if you travel, forget it. And yes I have one line of service with them.

http://www.t-mobile.com

However if you travel look at the free texting and data from over 100 countries, and they only charge .20¢ per minute for all global calling. It is the best deal in the cell phone industry.

Good Luck

0 Likes