Why is having no data affecting my text messages !!?
aalxo

I have unfortunately used up all my data and my next cycle doesn't start until the 10th of August. However, half the texts I send are not received, or received hours after I send them. I've already tried turning iMessage off because it was impossible for me to send iMessages, but no matter what setting it is on, I can't get this straight! Very aggravating. Then, once I get to an area with wi-fi, my phone blows up with text messages I was supposed to receive hours before hand. I'm usually pretty good with tech, but I can't figure this out for the life of me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is having no data affecting my text messages !!?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aalxo,

Look no further help is here! What happens when you send the text? Are you getting an error message? Is the issue with standard text or picture messages? Do you have cellular data turned on?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
aalxo

Thanks John,

If it's on iMessage, it'll stop sending when it's 3 quarters of the way, so I end up having to send it as a text. Or if I wait it out long enough to see what happens, then the error comes up.

If it's on SMS, there is no error message, it'll look to me as if it's sent but then I find out later it never sent or sent much much later.

& When I'm on wi-fi my phone blows up with texts I never got!

Standard text messaging, not picture.

and cellular data is turned on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aalxo,

I appreciate the additional details! Let's get to the bottom of this! What's the zip code where you are having this issue? Have you tried resetting the network settings? Which iPhone do you have?Are you able to make/receive calls and access data okay?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Group texts by any chance, or texts with special or accented characters. 

WHen hen your phone blows up on wifi, are the message bubbles blue or green?

0 Likes
aalxo

02739, I have tried resetting the network settings already Smiley Sad I have the iPhone 6 plus. I'm able to make and receive calls without a problem. I can't access data, because I've reached the monthly limit on my plan. (is that what you mean by data? anything that uses internet?) When I ran out of data is when the problems started, i have unlimited texting, calls, ect.

thanks again!

0 Likes