Why haven't I gotten my trade in credit?
SleepyStardust
Enthusiast - Level 1

I traded in my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone at a local Verizon Wireless store on June 9th, 2016 and was told I would get $77 for it. I was never told how I would get the $77, but I've read enough questions and comments to figure out that the money is apparently given via gift card or applied to the account.

The $77 shows up on my receipt, but I can't find it on my account, was not given a gift card and never got a text or an email about any credit. Nothing.

So, why haven't I gotten my due credit? And to Verizon customer support, please don't ask if I've checked the device trade in status because I have no submission ID. The trade was done in a store, not online. I never got an email or text, period. And certainly no indication of any kind of "submission ID." I just want to resolve this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why haven't I gotten my trade in credit?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Give this more time. Trade-in credits can take up to 2 or 3 billing cycles  before they show.

0 Likes
KARKIR52

I have dealt with 4 billing cycles with no credits. When asking to speak to a supervisor or manager they would not transfer. It seems ridiculous that I sent a phone back in and they have it and will not give the credit.

0 Likes
stever_vzw
Verizon Employee

Four bill cycles is entirely too long to deal with this concern, KARKIR52 and I assure you that we want nothing more than to to review the submission for details. Let's make sure we get things heading in the right direction.

Just for clarification, have you had the opportunity to contact our representatives from the trade in department (800-416-8894)? Was the trade in processed online or at a store location? Please reach back out to us at your earliest convenience and we will be ready to continue helping.

SteveR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes