Why has DST started today???
elnthorne

I had my phone set to get the time automatically from the network. I got up this morning - Saturday, March 10 - only to find that it has adjusted for daylight savings time already. I am in the Eastern Time Zone - no DST for me until tomorrow. Fortunately, I didn't have or need my alarm set this morning....

I was able to use my date/time settings and just set the phone to the Eastern Time Zone and that worked. It knows - without a setting - that today is not DST. Typically I use my phone as my alarm and I travel enough to the Central Time Zone that keeping this setting is not a convenient long-term solution for me. Especially since it is something so basic.

I would like to know that the Verizon network settings are not something I need to worry about. Is there a fix planned?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why has DST started today???
budone
Legend

Was the date correct on the device with the new time???

Sounds like an issue with the tower you are hitting.

0 Likes
elnthorne

The date was correct. Just the time was off - it had moved ahead one hour on its own sometime overnight. I have been up for about 2 hours and using my phone to IM a friend and the time was off the whole hour the entire time. I am at home and have never had problems like this here in 9 years of Verizon service.

This is the first time I have gone through a DST change with my Thunderbolt. I noticed that, now that the time zone is set to Eastern, when I set it back to automatic, the time is correct. The default value had been GMT, but I don't see the default in the list of time zone options to see if that may have been the problem. Even better, now that I have selected Eastern, selecting another time zone and returning to automatic resets the time zone to Eastern.

Well, I don't have another phone in the house to do more troubleshooting. Hopefully this has all solved the issue.

Thanks!

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Maybe VZW is being proactive so you will not be late to anything Sunday

0 Likes