Why don't I get voice mail notifications anymore?
vicki55
Enthusiast - Level 1

Months and months no notification of voice mail.  Have the visual voice mail and do not want it.  How do I go back to the old standard way of being notified of a voice mail?  I have missed messages, or had to check after every missed call as there is no icon. Thank you.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voice mail icon
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sign into your MyVerizon account online as the account owner. Navigate to the Block Services section and block the Visual Voicemail feature and block the Premium Visual Voicemail feature. This will set you back on the basic voicemail. You will have to set it up again though.

This however contingent on you not having an iPhone. If you have an iPhone, the only voicemail option you have is a visual voicemail system.

Screenshot_20160721-225503.png

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sign into your MyVerizon account online as the account owner. Navigate to the Block Services section and block the Visual Voicemail feature and block the Premium Visual Voicemail feature. This will set you back on the basic voicemail. You will have to set it up again though.

This however contingent on you not having an iPhone. If you have an iPhone, the only voicemail option you have is a visual voicemail system.

Screenshot_20160721-225503.png

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vicki55
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you.  All I had to block was the Block Visual Voicemail and it worked. Icon is back and seems to be working like it is supposed too. Smiley Happy   Thank you again!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome. I'm glad my own issue with the voicemail system and learning how to block the Visual Voicemail feature helped you get your situation sorted out.

0 Likes