Why doesn't Verizon wireless appreciate their customers?
clairet12

I've posted this before, and Verizon wireless customer service won't reply. I feel that Verizon wireless was devious and unfair. I guess my next step is a letter to my State Attorney General.

Here it is again.

I have had an account with verizon wireless for over 10 yrs. I currently have 3 lines on my account, 2 with data plans, 1 without.

In May of this year I replaced my daughters phone at a verizon store. I sat with the customer service rep and explained that I needed a new phone.

I chose the phone and he did his thing setting it up. As he was doing this he asked if I'd be interested in changing my plan.

I said no, I don't want anything changed, just the phone. We finished, and I walked out with a new phone for my daughter. I was unaware of any changes to my account.

In the middle of July, i got a notice that she had almost used all her allowed data. That had never happened, so the first chance I got is stopped at the verizon store where I bought the phone.

They said she used 1.9 of 2 gigs alloted to her. I said that I had unlimited data, and that it doesn't run out. The CSR  said that as of may, I only had 2 gigs. She said that verizon was taking away the unlimited data. I told her that when I bought the phone, to my knowlege, no changes were made to the account.

She said that all accounts were being changed and that I should have gotten 6 gigs instead of unlimited. She also said the CSR that sold me the phone was new and didn't know what he was doing. When he sold me the phone, the data defaulted to 2 gigs. I was entitled to 6 gigs. Apparently he wasn't aware that it changed, at least he never mentioned it to me.

She contacted whoever it is in verizon that takes care of this stuff. After about an hour and a half, she said that verizon would take care of it.  2 days later I checked the phone account, and still only 2 gigs.

I went to the store again, and after another hour with the same CSR was told that the change was more than 60 days old and verizon wouldn't give me what I was  supposed to get. Needless to say, I was angry beyond words. I called verizon customer service, and after an hour on the phone was told basically the same thing. Their solution was to pay an additional $20/month for 2 more gigs.

Is this fair? Does verizon make changes without telling their customers, and then try to suck more money out of them? The error was at verizons end with a poorly trained CSR, and policies that apparently weren't explained to their customers or employees. The 60 day excuse doesn't cut the mustard when it was their error.

I am angry and dissatisfied with the way I've been treated. I work in a customer service field, and I'd be fired if I did this to a customer. Verizon is one of the worst companies I've ever done business with.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why doesn't Verizon wireless appreciate their customers?
Not applicable

I have answered this before and the answer is not going to be different.

You purchase at a subsidized price. Once that was done you lost unlimited data. However if the unlimited was on another device that would not be affected.

The line you did not pay full price on however is not on metered data.

You had 14 days under the worry free guarantee to take everything back pay a restocking fee and walk away. Sixity days no.

File your issue with the Attorney General of your state. But have written proof that you are correct. Or go to small claims court or if you really must act you could use Verizon arbitration clause.

Good Luck

0 Likes