Why does no one care about loyal customers???
HapMarie

I canNOT believe that I have to take this issue to the top of the company!  I ask for one thing after being a customer for more than a decade.  I ordered 3 new phones for them - we decided to keep 2 and exchange the 3rd in this 2 week deceptive no worry time period.  I spoke with customer service over and over ad nauseum.  finally after the time had expired and there was still no resolution - I was told that i had the phone more than 2 weeks.  Of course I had!!!!  I called in almost every day during that allotted period and kept getting passed around to supposed supervisors but really God only knows where.  Finally I was told that I would be getting a new phone via mail and could simply send the original back once it arrived.  After about 1 week I phoned in as the phone had yet to arrive.  All of the sudden there was nothing they could do - who did I speak with - what exactly did they say to you... i explained the entire situation over and over day after day.  I felt pathetic.  But I thought for sure that they would do the right thing.  By this time it had been over a month.  The most frustrating thing - the phone I want to send back was not as nice as the one I ordered.  It had 4G and was brand new - I wanted the iphone 4 not even the 5 just the 4 (that was the make and model of the 2 other in my order)!  I did not realize at the time that the apple version of a phone would benefit me more as being a Special Education teacher all of our equipment is of this company,  I told more than one employee via telephone that I have 2 ipads for my classroom.  They have great apps to serve students with special needs.  Budgets being what they are a few of my assistance allow the children to use their phones so more students can have access.   Even with this they still said no - seriously - NO!  I could not believe it so I headed up the management chain.  I finally stalled when I came in contact with a woman name LUCY!  She lead me on for weeks that she would be able to fix the problems and apologized.  Great, right? NOPE - she finally called back and said she was unable to locate the correct documentation of my phone calls to Verizon and that it was my fault.  She actually blamed me for the poor documentation.  As if what I was supposed to ask them to send me a copy of what they wrote? She then tried to blame it on APPLE and not verizon. I have never been so disgusted.  I am still trying to have them make this right and for the foreseeable will continue to do so.  I dont know why but I actually feel betrayed - like how dare you do this to me - but then thankfully for rational side kicks in reminding me this is just business - bad business - but business.  And now I realize thanks to Lucys pathetic attempts to justify her poor skill at service that I have become nothing but a case number - not even a name.  It is infuriating!  Hundreds of dollars a month for more than a decade - and this is how they treat loyalty.  Who ever if anyone actually reads these - FIX IT!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does no one care about loyal customers???
shutterbug07
Contributor - Level 2

Question. Why didnt you just take it to a store to exhange it within the 14 days?

Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Part of the way Verizon makes its money is by dragging out issues like this so you are stuck with the phone you originally purchased. That is one reason why I do NOT buy anything from Vreizon Online or over the phone. I will go to either the corporate store or even lately a very trustworthy Third Party Reseller (actually have much better service here than anything Verizon)

That said what I would do is the following.

Contact Customer Relations (not customer service)

Contact the BBB (although they will not do much for you but it will log a complaint for Verizon)

Contact The Federal Trade Commission (they do not like false advertising or cases where the company tries to drag thing beyond the specified trade time)

If nothing gets resolved there, go to a third party reseller and find out the following

1) if they have any slightly used iPhone 4's for sale. My local Third Party reseller usually has a few for under $200

2) ask the third party reseller if they can in fact sell the phone you are trying to change here as they can probably get you the 200 back or close to it

3) Tell all of your friends and co workers about your issues with Verizon so they do not get sucked into the trap as well.

As a side note, I have a ton of respect for what you do and will help any way possible including checking my local third party reseller that I now exclusively use to see if they have one they can do. I will put you into contact with them or whatever is necessary.  I have a son in the Special Ed Program now for the last 12 years and the program has changed his life completely and I owe that to the dedication of the teachers.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

if their local store is anything like my local stores they would have been told that they need to send it back to the Processing center and deal with Verizon via the 800 number instead of doing the right thing and swapping it like they used to do.

0 Likes
shutterbug07
Contributor - Level 2

The store cannot refuse to do a wfg exhnage in the 14 days. they obviously dont like to because that imposes on their commision but they dont have a choice. especially if you ask for a supervisor in the store.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

shutterbug07 wrote:

The store cannot refuse to do a wfg exhnage in the 14 days. they obviously dont like to because that imposes on their commision but they dont have a choice. especially if you ask for a supervisor in the store.

Devices purchased online and shipped have to be shipped back for the return.  It might work the same if they are exchanging it for a different model phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HapMarie -

Your customer loyalty is greatly appreciated and I am here to help! I am saddened to learn that you have invested so much time to no avail. I would love the opportunity to review your account in an effort to identify your available options. At your leisure please DM your name, wireless number and billing system password. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
shutterbug07
Contributor - Level 2

You can take devices purchased online to a direct(corporate) store and they can do the exchange.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Unfortunately you would think so however Verizon Stores as well as CS on the 800 number do not agree with this one. The 800 number CS will tell you to take it back to the store and the store will tell you they cannot accept it as it was purchased through the 800 number so you need to send it back.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

shutterbug07, thanks for providing HapMarie with information regarding our return policy. When ordering devices online at our website, you are provided with a prepaid FedEx shipping label. Please be advised that devices ordered online have to be shipped back to our warehouse within this time period in order to honor your return.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes