Why does my verizon messenger plus app resend messages?
csums9
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having some major problems with the verizon messaging app. I love this app but if my phone is turned off and then turned back on it will resend old messages. I have tried different things like restarting the phone and clearing the cache. It also will say sending and doesn't send. I got this app at the suggestion of a Verizon customer service rep. Now I am so frustrated! Please advise!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does my verizon messenger plus app resend messages?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to ensure you have a positive experience with the application, csums9! It really is a great feature and want to ensure that you have a positive experience with the application. What device are you currently using the application with? Does it resend to a particular contact?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
csums9
Enthusiast - Level 1

I Have the galaxy S4. it resends if the phone shuts off. Sometimes it just says sending and never sends. then when the phone restarts it sends to whoever it didn't send to before. plus now it is showing duplicate messages. I am very frustrated. About to use another app. I have cleared the cache multiple times and not sure what else to do.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

csums9, let's have a fresh start. First, try deleting all unwanted text messages on your device and in the Verizon Messaging application to ensure that this isn't a memory capacity issue. Once the text messages are cleaned out, power your device off/on to soft reset. If the issue persists, uninstall that application and then redownload it. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes