Re: Why does my service terrible all of a sudden
Hlisa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Interesting... brother-in-law in pocket outside of hardline broadband, outside of line of sight wireless "broadband" was told he should get a booster... gas lived in his house for 40 years. Verizon customer for 20+...

0 Likes
Retired_in_Tennessee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here in Tennessee.  Been a Verizon customer for more than 15 years.  Never an issue until this year.  Spent hours on the phone and in store ------  what zipcode? inside or outside? no other issues being reported in your area? blah blah blah.....  Only thing we've done is switch to a prepaid plan.  I've been told there's no difference in coverage.  I can watch my phone service throttle from no service to roaming to 1x to 3g (and every possible option in between) very seldom do I see any LTE.  I'm just looking for phone service as I don't use much data outside the home these days (and when I do I conntect to my internet service in home).

Verizon closed my last ticket by sending me a video explaining how cell towers work --- i don't give a dang about that -- why did my coverage change?  It was working and now it doesn't..  That's my question......

I was also told by a service rep in-store that this was linked to upgrades?

I was going to switch to ATT but their "service map" looks identical to Verizon for my area and friends with ATT experience worse.

0 Likes
MaloneTP
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live near Chester VA and I used to have 4G service all the time.  Now I hardly ever have 4G and if I do it is one bar.  Most of the time it's 3G or 1X whatever that is.  Verizon is going to eliminate 3G starting in January.   This means I'll have no service at my home anymore.   So I'm thinking about switching carriers.   

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MaloneTP, We certainly hope you remain in the Verizon family, we're here to help. It hasn't been determined that you won't have service in your home in 2020. Provide us with some more information so we can better assist you. What's your zip code (include cross streets)? What's the make and model of your phone?

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
Jetprincess
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue in zip  code 76234, rural area, inside or out MAYBE 1 bar LTE but NO DATA, and when I am at work zip code 75603, same thing 2 bars LTE and NO DATA.  all this started about 2 months ago, what is happening Verizon? I cannot make phone calls and I have a stupid Samsung extender you sold me, NO DIFFERENCE.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my phone daily and want to ensure you can rely on your phone as well, Jetprincess. We're sorry to hear you've been having issues with service for so long. Let's take a closer look into this and find out what's going on. Were there any changes to your device when this started such as new apps or updates? Is anyone else in the area experiencing the same issue? What signal is showing on your phone when in the trouble areas? Do you experience the same issues when outdoors? 

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Why is my service terrible all of a sudden
abinkley77
Enthusiast - Level 1

The same issue is happening not just here, barely outside Nashville, but INSIDE Nashville, now. Something is certainly up.

0 Likes
Re: Why is my service terrible all of a sudden
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

abinkley77, 

We value your feedback. When did you start to notice problems with your service? What is the signal like on your device? What service is being affected? Can you call, text or access data? 

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
jag3man
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm jumping in... This has been going on for months. I have exactly the same issue and complaint. Verizon says I'm being throttled... Poppycock! Something is going on with 4G in fort Walton Beach and they say nothing is wrong!!!! I've called it in. I've had the Snoopy truck can the area. They never reported back to me! 

0 Likes
rayharper4

My explanation from Verizon was similar. Now, I often get messages from Verizon suggesting that I turn on WiFi for better quality service when making calls.  I have to ask, if the carrier suggest that I use my WiFi service carrier,, to make their service work consistently...what am I paying for with Verizon? I wish there was a governing body, like the PUCO, to report this to.  If there is, please let me know. 

0 Likes