Re: Why is my service terrible all of a sudden
triky40
Enthusiast - Level 2

same here at League City, TX 77573. Suddenly can't make any phone call in the neighbor on the street (not inside the house). When to Verizon store, they recommend to buy new phone but they are not sure the new phone will work.

Re: Why does my service terrible all of a sudden
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be sad if you left us Bubbleivrei88. We understand that you want to get what you pay for. I am more than willing to help you figure out what is going on in your area. I do appreciate the zip code but that is a large area and I need your nearest intersection and City to better assist you. How is your voice services? Does your service get better if you leave the area? AmberF_VZW

bubbleibrei88
Enthusiast - Level 1

City is Poway, Ca. Intersection of Scripps Poway Parkway and Stowe Dr. Other Verizon users in this area are experiencing the same issue. I don’t use voice services too often in the area, but when I do they are fine. The data is most unreliable in this area. I spend most of my time here, so it is an issue. Went to 92128 (intersection of Evening Creek Dr. North and Saber Springs Parkway) and had no issues. Maybe it’s an issue with the tower in 92064 area.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We truly appreciate that information. At this time, we're not seeing any alerts in that area. Have you done any troubleshooting steps with us yet? We want to make sure this is resolved for you.

BreannaH_VZW

flowertownrachel
Enthusiast - Level 1

Obviously with the persistent posts about degraded service from coast to coast, Verizon is experiencing significant issues. However, each response from Verizon Support seems to have the same script with no solution, much less an acknowledgement of the real issue. Come on, Verizon...tell the truth.

jrbozeman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue in 28025. My wife and I both have the issue. I have a Galaxy s6 edge+ and she has the note 9. It's not the phones. It's the network. Also, inside or outside doesn't matter either. We've lived in this home for four years and until 2019 we had 3 or 4 bars of 4g LTE inside the home now it's 1x. Must be connected to WiFi. It's obvious that you guys have over sold your network and the amount of service you have to share is being throttled by the abundance of customers sharing the network. When do you intend on upgrading the network to handle the heavy load? Everyone needs to know that you have over sold your network and it can not possible provide the quality of service you've promised.

Malice66
Enthusiast - Level 1

This problem is Nationwide,,we travel all over the Country. and Verizon has lowered it's signal strength everywhere..Phone, Internet is terrible...strange how it now charges hundreds of dollars for it's "Boosters"...a Money maker for them to get the signal sttength they Used to Provide...amazing>>Time to go elsewhere...or have them investigated..

Tags (1)
Jeneanpuc7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m in Raleigh North Carolina area and experiencing the same thing!!! The past 2 months have been awful. Thought it was my old phone. Just bought the iPhone XR and can’t even use it. Literally so slow I can’t even open a webpage. THIS IS DEFINITELY VERIZON MAKING YOU UPGRADE. Considering changing carriers altogether! This is garbage! We pay good money for unlimited data but when I call to complain, of course, they recommend upgrading to the the higher unlimited plan. 

Thanks Verizon for sucking. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand looking to have reliable service, Jeneanpuc7. We can help you find out what is going on in the area and data speeds. Is this happening everywhere you go? Does it happen at all times or only during certain ocassions? Can we please have the ZIP Code of the affected area? Have you done any troubleshooting with your device?

JavierMD_VZW

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

@Malice66 wrote:

This problem is Nationwide,,we travel all over the Country. and Verizon has lowered it's signal strength everywhere..

While I do not travel "all over the country", I have received excellent signal and data speeds from New York to Baltimore to Washington, DC to Nashville to Chicago to San Francisco to Pebble Beach to Maui all within the past 3 months. I have never had the need to even look into purchasing a "booster".