Why does Verzion give you very little leeway with payments when other utility companies do?
Fedup999

I just received a phone call from verizon telling me I would lose services if I did not pay my bill in full. I paid 3/4 of my bill already and my next due date hasn't passed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does Verzion give you very little leeway with payments when other utility companies do?
rcschnoor
Legend

A little more information would be helpful.

Did you contact Verizon Financial Services @ 1-866-266-1445 and they refused to set up a payment schedule or did you just pay 3/4 of your bill and expect to hear nothing further from Verizon?

This is YOUR responsibility. If you want leeway with payments, you MUST contact Verizon PRIOR to your bill becoming delinquent. Calling after the fact will give you fewer options.

On another note, Verizon may give you less leeway than other utility companies simply because a cellphone is a luxury while other utilities are more of a necessity.

0 Likes
Re: Why does Verzion give you very little leeway with payments when other utility companies do?
Fedup999

I did not contact verizon financial services because I figured that I would be able to make my account current when the next bill was do. A cellphone is not a luxury when it replaces your land line. Verizon is the only company I have ever dealt with that threatens to discontinue its service when not making a full payment.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Unfortunately, Verizon has a due date on your bill and if full payment is not received by that date, a late fine and/or service suspension is a possibility. Good luck.

We will have to disagree, then, on the luxury/necessity determination. If you choose to give up your landline in favor of a more convenient cellphone, I consider that a luxury. Regardless, growing up while only having a landline sporadically, I consider it a luxury even more so.

Not applicable

Verizon Wireless is not a public utility company. That is why they are not regulated under our Public Service Commission here in New York. (In your state the agency may be called something else)

Verizon Telephone and National Grid Power are under the agency control. The PSC also took over the duty from the NYS Cable Commission which was abolished and merged into the Public Service Commission.

Wireless Communications are under the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) which will accept a valid complaint. But they have nothing to do with your paying or not paying your invoice.

0 Likes