Why does 4G turn into 1X at random, and last for days?
SAMFRA30

My wife and I are in the 22427 area. We HAD 4GLTE signal all day, everyday. Key word: had.

Now we're lucky to get 1X, rarely get 3G, and have to leave home to get 4G anymore.

We are on separate accounts, her phone is 2 years newer than mine, our home is not wrapped in lead, there is no other option for internet  - our phone is the only option for internet, tired of paying this much money for a paperweight.

At times the signal will show 4G, but as soon as we try to use our phones - no signal, or 1X.

Verizon- what gives?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does 4G turn into 1X at random, and last for days?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SAMFRA30,

We are committed to offering you the best possible service where you need it most, It does concern us to hear that the service has not been the best lately in your area but we will work to get this resolved as soon as possible as we don't want you upset. When did you first notice the issue happening with the switching between 4G and 1X? Are you only having issues indoors or outdoors as well?

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SAMFRA30

The issue started about 6 days ago. Happens sporadically up and down the

road we live on.

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019, 09:23 vzw_customer_support <forums@verizonwireless.com

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Well luckily that won't be a problem after Dec 31st.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That’s too long to be with erratic signal. There are a few additional clues we need. What are the download and upload speeds when running this test: http://openspeedtest.com

With separate accounts we’d like to know what Verizon Wireless plan are you on? What plan is she on?

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SAMFRA30

It took 15 minutes to get signed in to the forum, and get to the original

message. As soon as I clicked on the link Verizon provided, the signal went

to 4G from 1X. It had been pretty decent for most of this past week.

Anyway, the speed test showed 10.6 DL and 3.6 UL

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019, 09:36 vzw_customer_support <forums@verizonwireless.com

0 Likes