Re: Why do Verizon Customer Service People Lie?
Rich3131
Enthusiast - Level 3

Feel free to contact me directly if you really want to help.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

What concerns me most is that the store that you went to is not a Verizon Corporate store and if they have signage for a promotion that ended then it needs to be reported. I can see where you're coming from. You see the sign and go in. However, the sign may have been outdated at the time you made your purchase. I am glad you got it fixed but someone needs to check this store for updated and correct signage.

0 Likes
Rich3131
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not exactly sure what you are referring to. If it's the posting I shared, that's not the store I went to, just a store in the area that still had evidence of the promotion on their Facebook page. And I didn't make a decision based on a sign, I made a decision based on an incentive package that was offered to me by a salesperson at the time I started the service-- and was very much in force, as has been proven.

For what it's worth, Verizon never once told me the promotion had expired. They told me it never existed.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Well. You posted a Facebook page to a store that is a retailer. It lead me to believe that is the store that you went to thus my questioning the sign. You really should be giving evidence based on the store that you went to.

What exactly was the promotion?

Rich3131
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think I explained myself well in my previous posts. Thank you for your interest in my situation.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You didn't at all explain it well. Especially by posting a link to the Facebook page of store that is operated by a different company to which you did not visit and in which you did not perform your transaction.

0 Likes
Rich3131
Enthusiast - Level 3

Great, thanks for your input.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Well, I guess that you got what you wanted and now you're done, huh?

0 Likes
CPS3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the exact same problem. "You've never spoken to me, I give you my word that I'll do everything I can and call back to make sure this is resolve" not once, not twice, but thrice has this happened to me.

Rich3131
Enthusiast - Level 3

To some degree, I have sympathy for the reps. While I have no direct knowledge of how it works at Verizon, I have worked quite a bit with call centers. Typically, he first-line reps have quotas such as "x number of calls taken per hour" and "call length of less than x." While these metrics are meant to drive rapid resolution of customer issues, they often encourage reps to get customers off the phone as quickly as possible, in order to meet their goals. Sometimes that results in reps making promises that are simply untrue, so they can mark the call as resolved.

However, I would like to think that a supervisor or manager would be immune from these kinds of quotas. So the fact that they don't return calls, make promises they don't keep, or are simply dismissive of customers is surprising.

0 Likes