Why do I keep getting x1 indoors?
climber1

I work in area code 23005 and in the building I get either "No Service" "Roaming" or x1 signal (one bar of 3G if I'm lucky). The Wifi is really bad so having this issue fixed would be extremely helpful!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why do I keep getting x1 indoors?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Sorry to read of these troubles Climber1. There are factors that can impede cellular signal from reaching you indoors. The building materials and location of the cellsite, along with topography are things that can work against the technology. If The wifi which is being broadcast from within the building is having issues, this can be used as an illustration of this. Has it always been this way here or have you noticed a change?
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Well. There a lot of things that contribute. My guess is that the building you are in is not ideal for letting signal pass through it and reaching your device. Nothing will be done by VZW as they never guarantee service inside of any structure.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Sorry to read of these troubles Climber1. There are factors that can impede cellular signal from reaching you indoors. The building materials and location of the cellsite, along with topography are things that can work against the technology. If The wifi which is being broadcast from within the building is having issues, this can be used as an illustration of this. Has it always been this way here or have you noticed a change?
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
climber1

I've had an issue for several years now. The reception I get outside the building is better, but not by much.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

climber1 wrote:

I've had an issue for several years now. The reception I get outside the building is better, but not by much.

Right there is your answer. The area is in a marginal signal area, and once you go indoors, the signal is further reduced from the walls and building material. The only thing left is the most basic connection signal of all before no signal - 1x.

Unless Verizon decides to put a new transmitter (tower or on building) in the area, there is little you can do. Of course it is always possible that Verizon tried to put a new transmitter in the area, but it was refused by the local government after protests by citizens -- often the same citizens that complain they can't get signal.

tbo27
Master - Level 2

The WiFi is is on your job. That's independent of vzw signal.  Check with the powers that be to see if they'll make an investment in you/coworkers  and get a network extender/booster also mention the WiFi is bad. Hopefully they don't come back with you shouldn't be on your phone while working. Then just say it's for breaks lunch or whatever

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

They just may not want personal devices connecting to their business internet. When you're at the job you should be working. If your job entails connection to the internet they should provide devices that connect to accomplish the goal. They may have the Wi-Fi locked to certain devices to prevent overcrowding and slowing of bandwidth.

0 Likes