Why did I get charged overage fees after I changed my plan?
caroly80

I have gone over on my data by a substantial amount.  This is not what I upset about.  I am upset because I called VZW to change my plan in order to avoid the crazy fees.  I DOUBLED my data plan, gave up a promotion, and at the end of the conversation, the rep asks me when I will be able to pay the outstanding balance for the overage on my data.  SHE JUST TOLD ME IF I UPGRADED I WOULDN'T GO OVER MY DATA.  I was at work and couldn't stay on the phone, I had a meeting to get to and said I would get answers later on.  I looked at my bill online and VZW took it upon themselves to put those overage charges on my current bill that is due today, not my following billing cycle like they should do.  I was told if I changed my data, there would be fee for going over since I increased the data and I'm still being asked to pay the fee.  This is not fair and I am incredibly upset.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I don't know what to do.  I don't want to pay it and really feel like I got the crap end of the stick.  I was specifically promised one thing and it wasn't given to me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Overage Fees
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you providing these details you provided me and I truly apologize for the frustration this billing concern has caused you with the related changes. I want to do all possible to resolve these concerns and ensure you are on the correct plan to cover your data needs. I sent you a private message and asked that you reply back so I can assist you personally. 
EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Caroly80, I can understand you being upset over your plan not being changed in order to avoid overage fees when you called to request such. You should have been provided with options to avoid the overage. I would like look into your concerns related to your billing concerns and the balance it created. Normally the bill generates and the balance is not due until 5 days at the close of the next bill cycle. Did you call in to request the plan to be changed prior to the close of your last bill cycle? I am sending you a private message to address your concerns so please reply back to that message with those details so I can see what happened and resolve this concern.

EdwinW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
caroly80

My prior bill is due today and I made the plan change today.  I was told there were overage fees on my account and I needed to make a payment OR change my plan.  After speaking with a rep on the phone, I changed my plan and was by doing so, I would avoid the overage fee and ensure I have enough data to get me through the end of my billing cycle.  At the end of the conversation, the rep asked when I would be able to pay the overage fee of, roughly, $300.00. I was very surprised, I was told by changing my plan, I was avoiding the fee. Unfortunately I had to go to meeting and couldn't continue the conversation.  My bill total that is due today is around $700.00 and in the last 2 days there are overage fees and now I am being told I owe over $1000.00.  Those overage fees appeared within the past 2 days.  I have never been demanded I pay the fee or change the plan.  They have always appeared on my following bill.  So that part alone is new for me and upsetting at the same time.  I changed my plan, was told I would avoid the fees since the plan covered my data and there was no overage.  Then I was asked when I would pay the overage fee.  I am very confused and frustrated right now.  Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.  I have been with VZW for a very long time and have never encountered anything like this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you providing these details you provided me and I truly apologize for the frustration this billing concern has caused you with the related changes. I want to do all possible to resolve these concerns and ensure you are on the correct plan to cover your data needs. I sent you a private message and asked that you reply back so I can assist you personally. 
EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes
caroly80

Anything else you need, please let me know.

0 Likes