Why can you not add TravelPass to the Nexus 5X? It is a world phone which seems to be the only requirement.
landalezjr

This option doesn't come up for me when my SIM is in my new Nexus 5X but it does when it's in a Droid Turbo which means you are restricting this feature by device.  Is this a bug or are you discriminating against people who bring their own phone to Verizon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why can you not add TravelPass to the Nexus 5X? It is a world phone which seems to be the only requirement.
mama23dogs
Legend

The Nexus is not sold by Verizon.   If there is a restriction, it is on the software.  The turbo being a Verizon exclusive would have Verizon bloatware ot available on non Verizon phones.

View solution in original post

Re: Why can you not add TravelPass to the Nexus 5X? It is a world phone which seems to be the only requirement.
mama23dogs
Legend

The Nexus is not sold by Verizon.   If there is a restriction, it is on the software.  The turbo being a Verizon exclusive would have Verizon bloatware ot available on non Verizon phones.

landalezjr

It has nothing to do with software. This is a plan feature that is added on the Verizon end like any other international package.  The only restrictions are a need for a world phone and a non-legacy plan (More Everything and Verizon plans work).  I meet these requirements but it won't let me add the feature so it is somthing on Verizon's end, not the phone itself.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Travel plan is an awesome, new international travel option. Unfortunately, when you bring a phone from a differnet carrier there are some limitations. We do have the Motorola Nexus 6

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

mattmahon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm trying to add travelpass to my line and I have a Huawei Nexus 6p from Verizon.  the system won't allow me to add the travelpass feature and reps ajd tech suooort cant either.  can you please assist me in addingtgis billing feature.  It's an lte world phone purchased directly from google.  It appears the fact that it isnt sold directly by Verizon is preventing me from adding this plan.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're happy to answer your question. We are not able to add this feature to devices that are not directly supported by Verizon Wireless. The only Nexus 6 device we carry and support is the Motorola. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

DeannaL_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

When you buy these phones, it is much cheaper to use a prepaid foreign SIM card, not your Verizon service or number.   This is a major reason people buy unlocked phones.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

mattmahon wrote:

I'm trying to add travelpass to my line and I have a Huawei Nexus 6p from Verizon.  the system won't allow me to add the travelpass feature and reps ajd tech suooort cant either.  can you please assist me in addingtgis billing feature.  It's an lte world phone purchased directly from google.  It appears the fact that it isnt sold directly by Verizon is preventing me from adding this plan.

That is not possible.  Verizon does not sell the 6p.  NO CARRIER DOES.   You will have to use a prepaid foreign SIM card while traveling.

0 Likes
seapples

I'm having the same issue.  Called and tried to get TravelPass set up for my 5x, no luck.  Verizon - what's the reason for this restriction is a technical limitation or policy limitation? 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Travel pass will only work on a Verizon Branded phone.

0 Likes