Why can blocked calls still get through?
LetiMarie

I have an iPhone 5 and I blocked a user about a week ago but they are still able to call me. I double and triple checked that the number is correct (it is) and it's even listed in My Verizon as a locked number. Help! Any ideas as to why this this is happening?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can blocked calls still get through?
Not applicable

ok I will take a shot at this. If you place a number into your 20 number block list, you enter the number as a 10 digit number, area code-seven digit number then make sure the type is set to international/domestic number and click save.

I would test out this feature via blocking a phone number you have or have access to and then trying to call your own cell number. if you get a recording it is set up correctly.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/faqs/Features%20and%20Optional%20Services/usage_controls.html

0 Likes
mikeinfla

Sorry electorny, she metioned that she has checked the number for accuracy.   I myself am having this issue. I have contacted Verizon and they don't know how this is happening. They believe this may be due to the caller placing the call through a third party app such as google or Skype.  I have an open trouble ticket and will update this once I get an answer.

0 Likes
mikeinfl

Verizon has determined there is a problem with their network.  They have a resolution. Refer to Case # xxxxxxx. Here is their response.....

Mai: Ok. For some reason the block was not marked correctly in the network. Our engineers took a look at the switch and located the problem. In turn they sent us the resolution so that we could update the network on our end to correspond with the block feature on your account.

>>Private information removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Tayers9

Your answer does not answer my question!!! The information given by you is not an option given when I go to block a number!!! I am so not happy with never getting a straight answer as well as your web site terrible...... I am going to go elsewhere for service once I find one I will contact You do not shut down my service until I request it... The type of service I get from your company is I would immediately get turned off.... Then all my Dr's could not get a hold of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

You should actually post a question then, or call and ask a question 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm here to help with your blocked call concern. Let's look into this because we certainly don't want to lose you. What steps did you take to block the number? Please tell me more.  AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes