Why can I not get a customer service agent when I dial 611 from my phone?
JWalker6283

I have been trying to reach an agent by dialing 611 on my phone to straighten out my bill and when I am prompted to press 4 to speak with a live agent, I get a message saying "We're sorry, we can't connect your call at this time" and to check online for support. Why is this happening? I have prepaid services and I have already made a payment this month but it is telling me that I need to make a payment tomorrow 10/23/13. Very frustrated. I am on a fixed income and get paid once a month so there is no way possible to pay an additional $63.74 this month after I have already paid it. Help please! I just want to speak to a live agent.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can I not get a customer service agent when I dial 611 from my phone?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is/was a national outage for prepaid phones today. Check out the other threads on the community to see if I has been resolved.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
eboniste

I've been trying for 2 days to speak with someone at *611 without success.  All I hear are multiple menus with recorded tips for things that don't apply. It says, "if you have a question, press 4". That takes me to the Account Maintenance menu. That menu has 6 more choices, and none of them say "to speak with a representative, please press X". I can't find any combination of menu choices to speak with someone. Has Verizon eliminated live customer service from their customer service number? Or have they intentionally made it so labrynthene that the average customer just gives up after hearing the condescending "We're sorry your having trouble. Goodbye."

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try saying "agent" or hit the zero key.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
HornsManiac

6804 from a landline.  You want to select options related to problems using your phone.  If the system thinks you are able to use your phone it won't send you to an operator.  I believe you will choose option 4, then option 5, then option 4 again and it will get you to an operator. 

0 Likes