Why can I NOT receive text messages from certain phone numbers?
cosmic_kristy

I cannot receive  text messages from two phone numbers, well who knows how many others.   They do not have a 1 in front of their number, they are also verizon  customers, we have both restarted our phones, verizon has reset my text  messaging, we have both deleted our contacts and created a new one.  I  never had problems before with these two clients.  This is really  getting old.  I have had the Galaxy 4s for one month, and nothing but  problems.  I want my IPHONE back.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why can I NOT receive text messages from certain phone numbers?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey cosmic_kristy,

Let's ensure we can help you fall back in love with your Galaxy S4! I would suggest unregistering your Apple ID from the device. I have provided some insight below;

Step 1 - Go to supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do.
Step 2 - Log in with your Apple ID and password.
Step 3 - Select the product you need to de-register (your iPhone, for example).
Step 4 - Click ‘Unregister’.
Step 5 - You’ll see the message ‘Are you sure you want to unregister and delete this product?’ – Click ‘Unregister’ again.

**Important info** By unregistering your iPhone from your Apple ID through the Apple site, it won’t have access to the App Store or content you’ve purchased unless you reregister it.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The other phones on those phone numbers, are they iPhones? Have you disassociated your phone number with your Apple ID and iMessages?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cosmic_kristy

Ann154, how would I do that? 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

cosmic_kristy wrote:

Ann154, how would I do that? 

You should check out the other discussions in the Apple and iPhone spaces on this community. Several others users have had similar issues.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey cosmic_kristy,

Let's ensure we can help you fall back in love with your Galaxy S4! I would suggest unregistering your Apple ID from the device. I have provided some insight below;

Step 1 - Go to supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do.
Step 2 - Log in with your Apple ID and password.
Step 3 - Select the product you need to de-register (your iPhone, for example).
Step 4 - Click ‘Unregister’.
Step 5 - You’ll see the message ‘Are you sure you want to unregister and delete this product?’ – Click ‘Unregister’ again.

**Important info** By unregistering your iPhone from your Apple ID through the Apple site, it won’t have access to the App Store or content you’ve purchased unless you reregister it.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes