Why are we being denied 3 months free service following Hurricane Michael?
vensent

on Oct 19th we called *611 and was told based on our GA zip code that due hurricane Michael's impact we would get 3 months free service no bill other than taxes, fees, equipment rental etc.  Very detailed info about the credit was given.  Excited about the possibility my sister in law immediately called as well.  We were traveling together at the time; that is the only reason we had service.  She was told the exact same info in equal detail regarding her AL zip code.  Both were told we didn't have to call; it would have automatically appeared on our bill but since we did it would be noted on our account to ensure we get the credit.  Nov bill comes and no credit is given.  Dec 3rd Call *611 again and get a confirmation that the notation is there and we should pay the balance of $20 the rest would be credited by Verizon between Dec 10-15th this info would be noted on the account.  Simultaneously online chat line says no you don't qualify and no record of the prior call info on Oct 19th.  Now no record of info from the Dec 3rd confirmation.   Next day a *611 call to a supervisor confirms the chat info  no we don't qualify and no record of the *611 call info.  Lesson learned always get an email confirmation of what they tell you.   I've been with Verizon since 1999  not the first time I've gotten erroneous and contradicting info but this is the most costly. Is there any way to get what I was promised or do I need to find another Cell service.  Verizon service since moving to SW GA sucks anyway tech support calls have not produced any results either.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why are we being denied 3 months free service following Hurricane Michael?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize if there was any miscommunication about the counties that were covered in the relief offer, vensent. The 3-month free offer covered 9 counties in Florida. Here is a link with more details. http://spr.ly/6581E1NMS

We would never want to see a relationship end, especially such a long standing one like yours. Let's take a closer look at the account to see if there is any other offers available. Please reply to the Private Message I have sent you. 

Derek_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cOcO2oo1

I am in a similar situation. having gone through hurricane Michael and hearing this information about Verizon's support of those of us who were majorlu affected, I called three different times, as well as went into the online chat portal twice to confirm this information. Each of these times I was told the same thing: were sorry youve been affected, yes based on your zip code you do qualify, the credits will automatically be applie, there is no need to call back. Fast forward to novembers bill. No credit applied. decembers bill no credit applied. I've lost not only faith in Verizon, but also massive amounts of trust! Not only was my family counting on this relied in the wake of the storm, but so were my inlaws and my parents, all who made contact with verizon and told the same things I was, not to mention COUNTLESS individuals in my community who were given the same message and understanding. Based on what has transpired with my account, Verizon has lied to me and MANY others! It's a shame, as a customer in general, but especially having been a customer for nearly 20 years! EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED!

0 Likes
lorenb_vzw
Verizon Employee

We honestly cannot begin to imagine all that you and your family have been through and do apologize for any confusion or misinformation during such a crisis. Your loyalty does mean the world to us and it saddens us to hear that this has caused you to lose faith or trust in us. During this storm, we did have two separate offers available. The first offer was unlimited talk, text and data with no overage through October 14th for several states that were affected. The second offer, 3 months free, was limited to 9 specific counties, as detailed at Verizon Provides $1 Million to Red Cross and Florida Relief Fund for Hurricane Michael Relief | About... We do hope that you and your loved ones are safe and that you will allow us the opportunity to rebuild that long standing trust in us.

LorenB_VZW 

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes