Why are my text messages not delivered from Verizon Customers to my new provider?
Frustrated_Former_Ver

I ported two numbers away from Verizon and now Verizon is apparently blocking text messages from Verizon customers to my new provider.

I can get texts from AT&T, Sprint, TMobile, and anyone else. Unfortunately, I cannot get texts from Verizon customers.

I have been right next to a friend with a Verizon android who texted to my non-Verizon android, and it never got through. My new provider says that this is not uncommon.

I have been on with Verizon tech support, and while they are nice enough, they have not been able to fix anything.

Verizon, please take responsibility to fix this!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why are my text messages not delivered from Verizon Customers to my new provider?
rowdyonez
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Verizon customers who cannot text to you need to call Verizon Wireless. They will not be able to help you directly. It will also be helpful if you and one of your friends that experiencing this issue are together when they call Verizon. Also make sure they are the actual account owner or an account manager on the Verizon Wireless account so proper resets can be performed.

Also I noticed you said you did a port. Until a port is fully completed this can happen, make sure your old Verizon phone is powered off and sim is removed then restart your new phone on the older service provider.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why are my text messages not delivered from Verizon Customers to my new provider?
rowdyonez
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Verizon customers who cannot text to you need to call Verizon Wireless. They will not be able to help you directly. It will also be helpful if you and one of your friends that experiencing this issue are together when they call Verizon. Also make sure they are the actual account owner or an account manager on the Verizon Wireless account so proper resets can be performed.

Also I noticed you said you did a port. Until a port is fully completed this can happen, make sure your old Verizon phone is powered off and sim is removed then restart your new phone on the older service provider.

0 Likes
rowdyonez
Enthusiast - Level 3

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rowdyonez, thanks for helping us support Frustrated_Former_Verizon_Cust with information regarding how to resolve their text messaging issue. Let's make sure that this isn't a memory capacity issue. The first thing that we recommend is to delete all unwanted text messages and power the devices off/on to soft reset. Keep us posted. We can assist right here in this forum, too.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rowdyonez
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yea I doubt it would be a memory capacity issue on a new phone VZW and I already advised on a soft reset, but thabks for saving the day.

0 Likes
Frustrated_Former_Ver

Whoever in Verizon Land fixed this within the last 24 hours, THANK YOU!

0 Likes