Why are my speeds reduced if there is no congestion or high volume traffic?
Sk8deshi

I have used the 22gb 4g lte. My plan says I will continue to get normal speeds except during congestion or high volume traffic. I spoke with a representative who expressed there is no congestion or high traffic in my area. I am currently only getting 0.18mbps speed. Once i told the representative I reached 22gb she said I would have reduces.apeeds during hours of congestion which she literally said wasn't an issue currently. Why is my speed reduced to such an unusable level if there is no congestion?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why are my speeds reduced if there is no congestion or high volume traffic?
rcschnoor
Legend

I would be real surprised if a rep would have access to real time info on whether or not there was congestion on a specific tower.

0 Likes
Sk8deshi

That would bring up another issue. Why is customer service representatives lying about things they don't have access to? Are they told to give a default answer of there is no congestion? This lady is not the first customer service representative I've spoken with who have provided information on congestion. 

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

no way a rep would know if your area is congested or not. switch to the Above plan if you consistently use more than 22 GB

0 Likes
justinb_vzw
Verizon Employee

Sk8deshi, experiencing slow speeds is no fun at all.  I am here to assist. Seeing that you are over 22 GB of data there is a chance you could be de-prioritized upon other things. Let's dig deeper to see what could be causing your slow data speeds. Is this issue occurring indoors or outdoors? Are you aware of other Verizon customers in this area experiencing this issue? How often are you experiencing this issue?  

JustinB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes