Why are my devices roaming in my hometown?
tuffydog76

Had straight talk for years.March 2 at 5:15 both phones went to roaming in my hometown. If I would drive less then 5 minutes away the phone would work. Straight talk told me I had to change numbers if I wanted to have service in my area. We can not change numbers as we have a business and all advertising has our numbers. Saturday March 4th spent 3 hours at Walmart switching phones over to Verizon. Got home to my hometown after switching phones and one phone works the other is roaming. Spent over 2 ours on phone with Verizon. After trying different things they had me go into the Verizon and change the sim card. After changing card drove 10 minutes back to my home town to see if it worked. Still roaming. Went back to Walmart and exchanged phones. Went back to my hometown still roaming. Spent 2 more hours on the phone with Verizon and they ended up and put a ticket out. Wednesday march 8th received a text that the problem what fixed. Tried the phone still roaming. Called Verizon once again. During phone call phone started to work. To go back a little phone was connected to us cellular tower. During phone call it switched to Verizon tower. Worked as far as calling but would cut out during phone calls. Today phone is back to roaming and other phone is cutting out during phone calls. CalledVerizon again today spend time on phone they said phone that was roaming was not ported over. Also back on us cellular towers. Called straight talk got phone ported over. Called Verizon again port was successful. Phone still roaming and other phone still cutting out and still no answers. I have paid for a plan that I can use. I have a business that I am not able to get calls for. I have kids that if something happens to them I need to be able to call out.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: One phone roaming other phone cutting out
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tuffydog76, we appreciate your efforts thus far. I trust that the trouble ticket submitted for your area will determine if there's an issue in area. It generally takes up to 3-7 business days for our network support team to provide a resolution for this issue. You will be contacted by phone if additional information is needed. We thank you for your patience while we look into this issue for you.

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you always stay connected. Have you tried resetting your Network settings?

KleoL_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
tuffydog76

Yes we have tried resetting network settings on both phones several time. You name it we have done it. Went to the store Sunday they were calling to get a ticket created. Not sure if they did or not. The manager said when he drives through Knoxville Il his phone cuts out. The other gentlemen lives in Knoxville il and both him and his wife were having problems. Mine problems started March 2nd and so did theirs. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tuffydog76, we appreciate your efforts thus far. I trust that the trouble ticket submitted for your area will determine if there's an issue in area. It generally takes up to 3-7 business days for our network support team to provide a resolution for this issue. You will be contacted by phone if additional information is needed. We thank you for your patience while we look into this issue for you.

LasinaH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes