Why am I prompted to change to a More Everything Plan when I try to upgrade my iPhone?
NJ_Analyst
Contributor - Level 1

Today, I tried to upgrade my iPhone 5 to an iPhone 6 Plus at the Verizon Wireless Website.  The upgrade was approved but when it came time to select a plan, I was forced to select an ADDITIONAL more everything plan which is more expensive that my current $60 per/mo Single Line Loyalty Plan. I stopped the order process and called Verizon support and was told that I could keep my current Sing Line Loyalty Plan at the current cost but that I had to accept more everything (at $30 more per month for the same 2GB/Unlimited Calling/Unlimited Text).  I was told that I could switch back after I received my new phone, but I am not comfortable committing to a more expensive plan with only a verbal assurance from a customer rep.  I told the rep, who was very polite, BTW, as they usually are, that I had concerns.  Has anyone else had the experience of upgrading to an iPhone 6/6Plus online and being forced to accept a more everything plan? Could this issue be resolved by going to a Verizon Store? (I contacted Apple and they sent me to Verizon.)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why am I prompted to change to a Share Everything Plan when I try to upgrade my iPhone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NJ_Analyst,

I'm happy to put your concerns at rest! The website is set to only allow current plans that are advertised. Any Loyalty plans are exclusive to particular customer and not available to everyone - therefore, they are not advertised. You can absolutely place that same order with our Sales Professionals at 1-888-924-1792 or in a Direct Store location http://bit.ly/3SdsA to keep your same plan. It just can't be done via self-serve options.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

Re: Why am I prompted to change to a Share Everything Plan when I try to upgrade my iPhone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NJ_Analyst,

I'm happy to put your concerns at rest! The website is set to only allow current plans that are advertised. Any Loyalty plans are exclusive to particular customer and not available to everyone - therefore, they are not advertised. You can absolutely place that same order with our Sales Professionals at 1-888-924-1792 or in a Direct Store location http://bit.ly/3SdsA to keep your same plan. It just can't be done via self-serve options.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

NJ_Analyst
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you so much! I will try to place the order over the phone. Hopefully, they will email me a receipt of the transaction.

Smiley Happy

0 Likes