Why am I getting 3G instead of 4G for the past couple days?
al2017
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in Chicago and for the past several days I've been getting 3G instead of 4G. Why is this? I know that Verizon cancelled the plan to throttle certain customers and I don't have an unlimited data plan, so why am I no longer getting 4G?

Labels (1)
Re: Why am I getting 3G instead of 4G for the past couple days?
bcolflesh

Same here in Harrisburg, PA since yesterday - not good...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the heads up from both of you. You should still get 4G service no matter what data plan you have.  Are you still only getting 3G on your device? Have you tried to power the phones off/on to see if 4G returns?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
PandatC

VZW customer support

I am having the same issues here in Massachusetts

not happy since I just upgraded all my phones and actually brought a new person on the line too

I have full power cycled the phone and still no luck

has been like this for a few days now

0 Likes
PandatC

Verizon needs to do something to correct this quickly as I am truly unhappy being a long time customer as with other people.

Since we are not getting what we are promised, I feel there should be some reimbursement of some kind to rectify the situation.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You were "promised" a data connection. Whether it is a 4G, 3G or 1xRTT, VZW is providing a data connection as "promised".

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your recent upgrades, PandatC! I want to make sure you are able to enjoy the new phones with our service at full potential. What is your zip code? Are you experiencing this at a specific location, or does your data remain on 3G in all areas?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes