Re: Why am I being charged data overages for NFL mobile? My bill is already up 150$!!!
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Try the uninstall. if you don't get the text pm me.

0 Likes
Re: Why am I being charged data overages for NFL mobile? My bill is already up 150$!!!
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Is NFL Red Zone free? It keeps trying to charge me $1.99.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Red Zone is not free - that's where you can watch replays of any of the games.  The free part is the live games.

I'm watching the game on 4G - wifi is off.  It appears to be using my data, no freebee showing, but it may take a few hours to resolve, and I'm hopeful.  I'm going back on wifi soon, I only want to "waste" half a gb or so if this is actually using my data. And if it's freebee and I still have my 1+ GB for the last week of my cycle, even better.

As to the text - my phone apparently SENT a text to 2635 - I didn't receive anything but I see a text SENT to that number and the timestamp is soon after I shifted from wifi to 4G.  It appears to be random characters and numbers...it just looks odd and was sent from my phone TO 2635.

Oh, and I did uninstall updates, then reinstall the app, and when I first went to view the game tonight, the app had to re-verify my Verizon plan.  It apparently verified ok because I'm watching.

More info when I know more....

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

With red zone I didn't mean free data I meant can I watch it without being charged the $1.99 it says it wants to charge me when I try to watch.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Red Zone IS an extra charge of $1.99 a month - I don't know if the data is free or not.  The live streaming of games is free on NFL Mobile, but Red Zone carries a charge to view the games in replay.

It's been  48 hours since I watched a quarter or so of Thursday nights game.  I'm showing an odd text sent from my phone to the #2635.  I still show no freebee data, though the 0.3 GB my phone shows as cellular is not showing up in my cellular data logs on Verizon for that day, and doesn't appear to be counting against my plan.  It's not showing up anywhere.

I'm also not showing any bonus data.  Maybe I need to watch more?

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

I got a text immediately after i started watching a game I copied and sent that text to 2635 and then checked my account and 1gb of bonus data was added.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Finally, the freebee data is showing, or at least I have some data in that category.  NFL Mobile is the only thing it can be.

I cut and pasted the odd text and sent it to 2635, but still no bonus data to cover ads.  Now that I know the data isn't counting, I'll watch Monday Night Football tonight and see what happens.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Which plan are you on? I'm on new Verizon Plan

0 Likes
Frayedsanity
Enthusiast - Level 1

I JUST switched to Verizon this weekend, and tried watching a local game on Sunday. It is showing as data usage (1.38 GB) after watching roughly half the game, and I dont see any 'freebee' data anywhere.

After stopping at the local Verizon store this morning to inquire as to why NFL Mobile is using data, the woman behimd the counter told me I had to view the game with the GO90 app to not get charged, which makes ZERO sense because I have seen nothing anywhere stating that.

I DID see a text from 2635 but it was random numbers with a hyperlink embedded and a couple of emoticons. Getting random texts from time to time,  I just deleted it because I didnt see anything anywhere regarding a text that would be sent that I need to confirm or send or whatever.

So can this be any MORE confusing for the customers?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

The info you were given by the rep about needing to watch in the Go90 app is completely untrue. There is really not much to this. All I do is bring up the NFL Mobile app and start watching. I did have a time when the data use showed up as usage in the history, but did not add to the overall use. Within a day, it was no longer in the log and showed up as freebee data.

It really is as easy as opening NFL Mobile app and watching the game. I suspect you will see the data correctly assigned within 24 hours.

0 Likes