Why Has Mobile Coverage Declined After A Wind Storm?
uncjump

Hello,

Our area ( 28654 ) has typically been serviced via a roaming agreement with CarolinaWest for the last few years.  Early in 2016 a new tower (I assume) was installed and we started getting direct Verizon service.  Everything was great (LTE)and call reliability was perfect.  Last summer a strong wind storm (70-80mph straight line) came through and caused significant damage in the area and effectively terminated Verizon Coverage.  We now see a very faint Verizon signal, which is just enough to cling to and prevent calls as well as roaming to CarolinaWest.  Then after trying to make a call, the phone will give up and switch to CarolinaWest and a redial call will complete.  At times, calls made on CarolinaWest will see a Verizon signal and attempt handoff and the call will typically be dropped. Text messages and data throughput are sporadic and typically 1X/3G.

This has been reported last year by myself and neighbors and supposedly they were repairing the tower, but we've had not success getting an update, nor service improved.

Home location is [Removed] and phone devices tested/regularly used are iPhone 5S, 6, 7, iPad Air 2 and Galaxy S6.

*228 and new devices have not improved the situation, nor have factory resets, so I believe perhaps some antennas may be damaged on the tower or misaligned slightly.

Any suggestions to get an update to this issue or resolution?

Thanks,

Joel

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mobile Coverage decline after wind storm 28654
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can reach Customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Keep reporting the issue to Verizon Wireless and keep checking on the status of the trouble ticket.

Have you tried wifi calling on the newer phones that have that option?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Also *228 should never be done on phones with a SIM card. Reseating the SIM card provides the same functionality as what *228 did for the 3G devices to update the preferred roaming list.

0 Likes
uncjump

Can you confirm what number the coverage report should be going to?  Typically I can't call 611 as it will route to the local carrier once the call fails in my home location.

Thx

0 Likes
uncjump

Good to know on the *228 as it is still being recommended during phone troubleshooting. on newer OSes, it returns a "call not allowed" message, but older versions still dial and then drop after a few minutes.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can reach Customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I will also be wondering what is going on with my service, if it was working at one point and now isn't. I would like to personally look into your account to see if I see any issues. I have sent you a Private Message.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes