Whole neighborhood is experiencing degraded cell service.
TRAEIL31

Beginning about 6 weeks ago, myself (and wife) and 4 of our neighbors began to have degraded cell service. We used to have solid 4G with 4-5 bars always. Now we get 2 bars and intermittent 4G service. We finally had to call and file a report last week but still have no improvement or resolution. We know it must be a cell tower issue since we all have different phones, etc and experience the same issues: dropped calls, line static, other end not hearing us at all. Seems very fishy that after years of 5 bar service all of us suddenly have very bad service. What are the odds Verizon will actually be able to find a problem with the tower? If they don't fix this very quickly (3 of us affected work from home and use our phones all day, everyday), T-Mobile will be very happy with all the new customers. Personally, I think they tweaked the tower to provide better service to their Verizon Store which is less than a mile from our neighborhood and [removed] us in the process. Area affected is Apple Blossom Way and Golden Grove Lane in Florence, KY 41042.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Whole neighborhood is experiencing degraded cell service.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TRAEIL31,

We would be heartbroken if you left our wireless family. We understand how important your service is to you, especially if you work from home. Let's get some additional details. When you spoke to us, did you complete any troubleshooting on your devices like change settings to pick up better signal? What model phone are you using? Did we open a ticket with our engineers and confirm with a text message?

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

TRAEIL31

Yes, we have done the troubleshooting, senseless since there are at least 13 phones with the issue. All brands, again, it's not the phones. Yes, a ticket has been done. Yes, they send a text everyday saying nothing's been fixed. 3 more days and my family is moving to T-Mobile.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Do you have WiFi in your home?

Turn on WiFi calling. This will give you good call quality while connected to WiFi plus your data will be as fast as your home internet data.

TRAEIL31

That's a Band-Aid fix for a much bigger problem. Besides which, many of my apps/games don't work very well when I'm on WiFi.

I'd much rather have the actual problem fixed. As would all of my neighbors also affected by whatever Verizon did to our service.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Not really a band-aid fix. You are experiencing lack of connectivity inside your home. This is the remedy as there is no guarantee of connectivity inside any structure, regardless of past experience. All carries will tell you this. Not just Verizon.

Also, I have no issues with any of my apps/games/browser on my home WiFi. If that is the case then you have a separate problem caused by your WiFi equipment.

TRAEIL31

You're correct, it is a problem with connectivity inside my home - a problem we've not experienced in over 6 years. And it's not just my home, my neighbors too. And it's a NEW problem.

Does your insufficient answer imply Verizon won't be taking responsibility for our neighborhood's degraded service or admit to causing the problem?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

It doesn't imply anything. It clearly states.

There may have been trees grow or a new building put up that blocks the signal to your neighborhood. The town where the tower is maybe didn't want to renew the permit. Who knows?

0 Likes
TRAEIL31

[removed] , trees, building? Wow.

Well, now that we're up to at least 8 households, approximately 23 devices, for Verizon's sake (although I'm sure they could care less about losing 8 accounts), I hope they resolve it very soon.

Tick tock....

Content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Which of these towers is providing your signal?  Have you tried any of the cell tower identifying apps?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes