Who here uses Verizon with a Surface Pro LTE?
Homeskillet

Some Microsoft Surface Pros have optional LTE service. Has anyone had any issues with it?  How is the signal strength compared to your phone? And how much extra are you paying to Verizon, compared to just your phone?

0 Likes
Re: Who here uses Verizon with a Surface Pro LTE?
Homeskillet

Seriously? Nobody?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Homeskillet wrote:

Seriously? Nobody?

Maybe not here but not all Verizon customers (probably small percentage) are using this Community Forum.  Have you posted on Facebook or Twitter where Verizon customer service has a presence?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Homeskillet

I don't belong to any of those sites. Guess I'll post on an MS Surface forum.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Homeskillet wrote:

I don't belong to any of those sites. Guess I'll post on an MS Surface forum.

Probably would/should have been the (co-)starting point.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Homeskillet

Another board to sign up on....That's why I tried here first.

0 Likes
Homeskillet

So the answer is no, I can't use Verizon LTE on a Microsoft Surface unless I open some kind of "business account" that requires a consultation with their "business sales team".  Ugh.

There are only 2 laptops Verizon allows consumers to use LTE on......One is a weak Chromebook, and the other is a Galaxy Book S with a Snapdragon processor that isn't compatible with most non-Microsoft software.  In contrast, AT&T does not care what kind of laptop I use, so I guess I'll be switching to them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you tried setting the device up in the Get Online window? Are you trying to set up with eSIM or a nanoSIM? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4103754 EricW_VZW

0 Likes
Homeskillet

There is no problem connecting it. The problem is what kind of plan I would need to buy?  Verizon says I need to open a new "business plan", but they did not tell me how much that costs.  I'm not a business anyway, I'm just a person with a single unlimited phone plan.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to make sure you have all the information you need when it comes to a plan when purchasing the Surface Pro, Homeskillet. Please contact our Sales Department at 888-924-7937. They will be able to add this line onto your existing account & provide you with plan details. AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes