Which phone would get blacklisted if account was defaulted?
Sattech200
Enthusiast - Level 3

(I think it's ridiculous that I can't wait in que to chat with a Verizon Tech Support person!!!!!!!  When I try to go to chat with someone it says all chat service members are busy and the button is grayed out.)  Anyways....

My question is:

I have a friend with a verizon phone under contract until feb2016. (My phone is not under contract).  He wants to swap his phone with my phone and I am interested BUT If he defaulted on his contract in 3 months would the phone that is in his account at that time (My old phone) get blacklisted or would my phone get blacklisted (The phone that originally started the contract)?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Which phone would get blacklisted if account was defaulted?
Weth
Legend

His original phone bought on contract (the one he giving you) would be blacklisted.  Bad deal to make. 

View solution in original post

Weth
Legend

His original phone bought on contract (the one he giving you) would be blacklisted.  Bad deal to make. 

Sattech200
Enthusiast - Level 3

Was able to get through on chat and confirmed that you are correct...well specifically if there is money still owed on the phone then it would be blacklisted.  Is there any way that I can confirm the status of a phone (if money is owed on it) if I don't own it?  Ie if someone has one for sale and I am looking to purchase it. 

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Safest thing to do is buy locally, and go to a Verizon store with the selling party, confirm it is not on contract and activate it right in store before completing the sale.

There is a element of risk when you never meet the seller. Some online sites are better than others.

0 Likes