Which devices are compatible with the new Caller ID Names Feature?
TheRemixOnline

Since VZW has several Caller ID related services, I've cut and pasted the feature description below.

Caller Name ID for Mobile Devices

Caller Name ID for Mobile Devices allows you to receive more information about people calling you even if they are not saved in your contact lists. For just $2.99 a month get the benefit of knowing the following information on incoming calls, when applicable:

• Name
  • Number
  • Picture
  • City
  • State

Caller Name ID is not available on all calls, on all equipment or in all areas.

As you can see, no where is it documented of even suggested which devices will support this feature. So I contacted Customer Service, the rep begins to tell me it could be used on all phones but no data devices. So I inquired about the Home Phone Connect, she then apologizes and retracts her statement and says it's only available to the Samsung Galaxy S4 and another device. I didn't think much of it but she continued to reference "1.99" but the price of this feature is a dollar more. I'm not quite sure she "researched" my question at all...

Does any one have any more information on this new feature?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Which devices are compatible with the new Caller ID Names Feature?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Caller id features offer a great variety of convenience TheRemixOnline! The good news is that it is supported with the Home Phone Connect device! It is only $1.99 to add! Have you tried accessing your My Verizon account online? You should be able to add the feature there.

Jonathan_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TheRemixOnline

Is this also compatible with iPhone 5's?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi TheRemixOnline. The Caller Name ID really is a fantastic application and I'm excited that you're trying to get it on as many devices as possible. Caller Name ID is currently available for $2.99 per month on the following devices:

BlackBerry Bold (9930)
BlackBerry Curve (9310)
Samsung Galaxy S III (i535)
Samsung Galaxy S 4 (i545)
Samsung Galaxy Stellar (i200)

It's also available for $1.99 per month for the Home Phone Connect http://bit.ly/14Rsf6f.

Jennifer_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TheRemixOnline

Hello,

I've already added the service to my iPhone 5 line and it is working just fine.

Just a FYI for other iPhone users...

0 Likes
johncic

I just added the feature to my iPhone 5s , and it worked great immediately.  I recommend that everyone gets this feature.

0 Likes