Where is my 4G Service I was promised over 1 YEAR AGO
fallingstar

I have had Verizon since the Altell buyout and have Altell several years.  I bought my HTC Thunderbolts because the salesman told me that there would be 4G Service in the Amarillo Texas area within the year.  Well I am sorry to say, "There is no 4G Service in this area for VERIZON YET."

I was also told there was a Verizon tower within 15-20 miles from my home.  HAHAHAHAHA, they lied to me again.  I bought a Network Extender to help with the signal, HAHAHA it works if I stay within 5-10 feet of it.  I have called Verizon Tech Support till I am Blue in the face.  I go along witrh their games for sometimes an hour or two trying to figure out what the problem is.   I am one VERY UNHAPPY VERIZON CUSTOMER.  I have been lied to numerous times.  I cannot get a response as to WHERE the 4G tower in MY AREA disappeared to and I will only get 3G when I drive to amarillo almost 35 miles away or 3G in the Pampa Texas area 14 miles away.  There are no obstructions in or around my house to interfere with my QUALITY of SERVICE I SHOULD BE GETTING.  It is pretty sad that AT&T who bought T-Mobile only has T-Mobile towers in Amarillo, my friends have FULL SERVICE and 4G Internet.  Luckily for me I will not RENEW my CONTRACT with VERIZON due to the POOR Customer Service and the Managers who run the stores that bold-face LIE to their Customers.  I just wanted to express my feelings and the service I have received.  Good Luck to ALL the others who were promised 4G and paid out the A$$ for new phones that were capable of 4G.  I barely get 1X with 2 bars service even with a Network Extender I was screwed into buying.  If Verizon would do what they say this would be a wonderful wireless network.  I only have one question: I wonder if anyone has thought about BREACH of CONTRACT LAW SUIT against Verizon for not standing up to their end of the CONTRACT???????????????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Where is my 4G Service I was promised over 1 YEAR AGO
AZSALUKI
Legend

they don't get sued because they didn't breach the contract. they don't guarantee coverage anywhere. all you can do is purchase it, take it home, find out the service is poor in your area, and return it. you must have known you had awful service in your are before now? the salesman shouldn't have told you that you'd get 4g since they don't know those things.....but he's a salesman.

0 Likes
fallingstar

Well, sorry but I had PERFECT 3G service when I had Altell.  Verizon bought them out and my service went to crap.  I was told there is a tower no more than 1 maybe 2 miles from my house that is a Verizon Tower.  If that is the case where is my service?  I can drive about 1/2 mile from my house and have full service.  I have a NETWORK EXTENDER also at my house.  My house does not have a metal roof or any metal that would interfere with the signal, it is properly wired and grounded.  The Manager has been to my house and his phone does the same thing.  He asked me to contact Customer Support because he didn't have any idea what would cause even his signal to drop.  Verizon even went as far as sending me a new SIM Card to see if that changed anything.  That didn't work so they sent me a NEW HTC Thunderbolt, Still NO help.  All I ask if they can't follow through with their promises is at least come and check the tower.  LOLOL that hasn't helped any, I have driven by the tower while they were working on it.  I have even stopped and talked to some of the technicians.  All they could say was the antenna was out of alignment. 

0 Likes
budone
Legend

What SID and PRL are on the phone?

I would bet you still have an Alltel SID on there

0 Likes
B33
Legend

While there were many Towers bought or Leased some Got Dropped an if you were in a Area of good coverage from a Alltel Tower chances are it was not took over by Verizon an in some areas Verizon had no choices because they had to abide the Boundries set by the F.C.C in the Buy out an had to let the Tower go to At&t or to another Cell Company in this one Little Town along the K96 Corridor going to Wichita Ks This particular Tower was owned or leased to Alltel an was put up just shortly before the buy out came an as soon as Verizon took over the Area it Lost that Tower to At&t an that would've been a great tower to have for people traveling in that area but it was given as i said to At&t..B33

0 Likes
bridge3033

Every time I try to use an app for driving or finding a hotel, it tells me, "network unavailable." I can't even get anyone to address the problem. I can't even get them to give me a number to call to address the problem. Never had a problem until I got the new razor phone. What a joke. I'm ready to change providers so I can get the use out of a phone I want.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I use Google Maps to set up the Destination an use it for Navigation you need to make sure if you use the Maps that you have the Latest Version of it But when i used it. It didn't cost a Dime. NOTE i Used Google Navigation for Navigating my Route: Not V.Z. NAVIGATOR B33

0 Likes
bridge3033

I try that but when I try to access either one, it tells me the "network is

unavailable." Frustrating!!!!!

0 Likes
Ringah
Contributor - Level 1

*611 from your phone for customer service and ask for tech support, or 1800-922-0204 from a landline.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Shut your phone down or do a soft reset then try it Again.. By the way what phone is it you Own.  If it's a non 4G like the Droid X then do a *228 then 1 or 2 P.R.L to update the phones PRL.  If it's a 4G pull the Sim Card while the phone is off for about 5 min then Re-install it. then repower an try what i suggested.

0 Likes