Where do I complain about a Verizon Wireless Store?
mvlente
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently purchased a new ipad mini with retina display, 16g,  for my family for Christmas.  I purchased the ipad at the full retail price, instead of adding a line and getting the priced reduced by $100 since I had a line to put it on.  He charged me $529.00, which is the correct price.  I got home, and noticed the ios was still ios 6 and the screen didn't seem as sharp as my iphone 5s.  I went back the next day and verified he sold me a mini with retina, and he assured me he did.

I was setting the ipad up with apps for my boys, and still didn't feel like the ipad screen was quite sharp enough or fast enough.  I did a little research and read the model number is printed on the back cover.  I compared the model on my ipad to the model numbers posted on Apple's website, and sure enough he sold me the original ipad mini at the cost of the ipad with retina, a $100 difference!!  I'm beyond irate since I told him when I bought the ipad I wanted the retina, and I went back the next day to verify it.  More than my anger, is this guy embezzling the $100 difference?  I'm going back tomorrow to return the ipad and go to a different Verizon store, but this guy is either incredibly stupid and doesn't listen, or is pocketing some money on the side.  I'm debating filing a police report.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
Re: Where do I complain about a Verizon Wireless Store?
Not applicable

The store employee doesn't get enriched by a $100 mistake, the company does. I always go to the Apple store.

When you buy a device the UPC code is scanned. If the item scans as a regular ipad it will show same on the receipt.

So I doubt it was intentional. You can purchase all these iPads in many retail stores. You don't need to go to verizon wireless for them. Remember unless you do a swap, there will be a restocking fee of $35

Good Luck