Where can you file a complaint about a store?
STEKIM94

I have the same question about the newly-opened corporate store at 310 Connecticut Ave, Norwalk, CT.  A salesman and his manager attempted to pull a bait-and-switch.  I'd like to give Verizon a chance to handle this internally before that store location appears on Yelp and I just post about my experience there so the entire Internet can see it.

I went into that store looking for options to purchase a particular device, but I told the rep I wanted the minimal increase to my monthly bill.  (I was okay with one-time charges.)  The salesman told me that getting the device I was interested be such-and-such one-time, and add "x$" to my monthly bill.  I agreed to those numbers and was ready to ahead with it.  He then said he had to check with his manager.

The salesman comes back with his tablet, and asks me to sign on the screen.  I scroll up on the screen to actually read what he wanted me to sign, and it was a new contract where the increase in the monthly bill would be three times what he told me it would be.  I asked him about it and he said, "Oh I forgot about such-and-such but my manager reminded me."  I asked him why he didn't mention that information before telling me to sign, because the new cost was drastically different from what we verbally agreed to.  He fumbled around for some excuse.  I just said, "This isn't going to work for me." and I just walked out.

Normally an experience like that would poison everything I had to do with a company (you Verizon).  But the only saving grace is that when I went to the online store, the online reps there actually took care of things and I was far less annoyed with Verizon after my experience with the online reps.  (After that in-store experience, I was considering defecting to Sprint or AT&T, but your online reps were professional enough to prevent me from going through with it.)

In any case, I'm never using your stores again (especially that location).  The online version of your company is much better (they're not trying to rip you off).

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Where can you file a complaint about a store?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The correspondence address is listed under the Contact Us link. Contact Us | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

STEKIM94,

I'm shocked to hear you had a less than pleasant experience at our location. We don't want to see you go. I'm glad to hear my peers online were able to assist. I've sent you a personal message to further assist.

Kati_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ktorres3565

I also have the same question.  As a 30+ year customer of VzW (5 lines) and a Fios customer as well, I am completely disgusted with an experience I just had at the Chestnut Hill (MA) retail store.  I ordered my phone yesterday and excitedly chose the new “same day delivery option”.  When the phone didn’t arrive yesterday, I called Verizon and the agent was lovely but said the order hadn’t processed so it would be the next day before I got it, but that my shipment confirmation would be arriving shortly. Fast forward to this morning, still no shipment confirmation still no phone so I called a second time.  The woman (Juana) was lovely but couldn’t do anything because the retail store the order was assigned to wasn’t yet open, and that she would call me back when she could connect with the store.  She did call me back but I was in an appointment and missed the call, so I had to call in—a third time—to the general customer service line.  This time I got Diane who was amazing and committed to taking ownership of my issue.  Simultaneously to speaking with her, I drove to the retail store hoping to just pick the phone up since same day delivery had obviously failed.  After 30 minutes on hold (Diane checked in a coupe times to let me know she was working with the store), we finally agreed that I would go in to the store and we’d try to resolve the issue with the manager (Rachel).  Basically Rachel said the order was set up as same day delivery so she couldn’t switch it to in store pick up.  Another 40 minutes later Diane transferred me (and Rachel) to another department and Loren took over from there.  It took him 20 minutes to figure out what my options were and lo and behold he discovered the order had never been scanned by the retail store, which is why the delivery was never set up.  I stood with Rachel for more than 40 minutes and not once did she acknowledge that the issue was entirely due to the retail store’s failure to scan the order.  And once we figured it out, not only did she not take responsibility or apologize, she showed a complete lack of empathy and smugly told me it would come “some time today”.  This treatment to any customer should be considered unacceptable to VzW.  Are your managers not trained to take responsibility when mistakes are made?  Clearly your phone agents are, and they were all more than polite, apologetic and helpful.  I have begun researching other options and, as VzW knows, there are providers who will gladly buy out plans like my family has!!!  Has anyone figured out to get a live person in leadership to share concerns like this with??

0 Likes