Where can we get details about "Caller Name ID"??
blahedo

I just got an alert on my phone that I had been automatically signed up for a ten day free trial of something called "Caller Name ID", which would automatically continue unless I cancel it.  Aside from the general shadiness of auto-enrolling me in something that will (soon) cost extra money, there are some big problems with this: the message didn't give any real information about the service, including---crucially---how much it was going to cost!  I can't find any information about the service online either (there are references to "Share Name ID", but that appears to be a different thing and says it's free).

So, to start with: how much will this service cost?

What-all does the service actually do that my phone doesn't already do?

When is any of this information going to be available on the main Verizon website?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Where can we get details about "Caller Name ID"??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We have some amazing features that help enhance your wireless experience blahedo. I'm sorry about the auto enrollment into Caller Name ID but once your free trial is completed, you will not be auto enrolled to the paid feature. The cost of this awesome feature is $2.99 per month. This feature allow you to receive more details about your incoming calls. It also allows you to see the following information:
  • Name
  • Number
  • City*
  • State*
  • Picture**

City, state and picture are only for phones with a display of three lines and the picture is only for customers who have a picture uploaded to their profile.Once the trial is completed, you will have the option to click ok and stop trial or ok and continue to have the feature added to your phone with the cost. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Kinquana_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We have some amazing features that help enhance your wireless experience blahedo. I'm sorry about the auto enrollment into Caller Name ID but once your free trial is completed, you will not be auto enrolled to the paid feature. The cost of this awesome feature is $2.99 per month. This feature allow you to receive more details about your incoming calls. It also allows you to see the following information:
  • Name
  • Number
  • City*
  • State*
  • Picture**

City, state and picture are only for phones with a display of three lines and the picture is only for customers who have a picture uploaded to their profile.Once the trial is completed, you will have the option to click ok and stop trial or ok and continue to have the feature added to your phone with the cost. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Kinquana_VZW

0 Likes
blahedo

I'll mark this one as correct since it answered most of my questions, but it still didn't say when this info was going to be available on the main website.  I can't be the only one who wondered what the heck this "service" was going to cost.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand the importance of wanting to view it yourself via our website blahedo. I'm sorry there is no information online but we are here to help with any concerns you may have and you can updated features online via My-VErizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc .

Kinquana_VZW

0 Likes