Where can I complain about poor coverage?
Eagleresident
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am seeking a method to complain about poor data/voice coverage in my neighborhood.  Is there an online forum/email address/or direct contact for someone who can address my concerns?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Where can I complain about poor coverage?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clearing this up, MARKUN2. We do have an amazing team constantly working on our network to bring stronger coverage throughout the United States. Coverage may vary day to day due to a variety of reasons such as terrain, cell site changes, foliage, construction, population changes, and interference. In your 19958 area, you may have trouble making a phone call or using your service, especially when indoors. With HD Voice turned on, your calls are attempting to pass through the LTE network but based on what you described, I’d like you to try turning HD Calling off to see if the dropped calls while you’re around town improve. Since you mentioned you have Samsung devices, you can find the steps at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/hd-voice-for-android-faqs/ in the “Turning HD Voice On/Off on Your Phone” section. Although I see you mentioned FiOS is not available in your neighborhood, do you have any other form of home-based high speed internet at your residence?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Eagleresident
Enthusiast - Level 2

Perhaps a little more information will help.  We have noticed a steady, progressive decline in signal strength in our neighborhood.  I have called customer support several times, only to get the standard response of "You need a new phone," or "You need to update your phone."  These responses neglect the fact that both my wife and I have new phones and all of our Verizon neighbors complain of the same issue.  I cannot get anyone to escalate the problem so that it can be addressed form a technical standpoint.  Needless to say, I am very dissatisfied with Verizon right now.  Sprint and AT&T seem to be the better choices in Idaho at this point.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to get the service you can depend on. Can we start with your ZIP Code? What devices do you have?
LauraL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Eagleresident
Enthusiast - Level 2

Zip code: 83616

Devices: My device is a Nexus 6p. My wife has an iPhone 6s

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Eagleresiden, thank you so much for those details. I was able to review the area. I'm showing that you should have a great coverage. Are you only having issues while indoors or outdoors as well? How far would you say you need to travel before you start picking up better service. Please keep us posted.
KevinR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Eagleresident
Enthusiast - Level 2

My coverage issues are specific to the area bounded by Ballantyne, Floating Feather, Highway 44, and Park Lane in Eagle, Idaho.  Coverage is universally poor, with minimal improvement outside, in this area.  Voice calls will drop frequently, and data coverage is severely limited.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Eagleresident,

Your service should be the least of your worries when you're part of the Verizon family.  Losing you is not in our plans and we want our relationship to last a lifetime.  When did the trouble with your calls and data begin? 

EmmaM_VZW

0 Likes
Eagleresident
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been ongoing for at least 12 months with progressive deterioration of signal quality.

Budman88
Enthusiast - Level 1

COMPLAINING to Verizon isn't going to help. Verizon doesn't react to our complaints. They will only listen, but then give you a corporate blow off answer. The only reason Verizon has changed anything now is in response to losing millions of customers to T-mobile.

VERIZON claims 4glte in my area, but on average I see it only 29% of any given day.  How do they get away with it? When I call and tell them, their response is our map shows you should have good coverage. According to Verizon I don't even have a 4glte tower close to me, so how can they make that claim?

Eagleresident
Enthusiast - Level 2

They've been blowing off my complaints for a year now, shrouded by the suggestion that I need to update my phone. Baloney.  I always have the operating the operating system and my apps totally up to date.