Re: Where are the individual plans?
zhanex3
Enthusiast - Level 3

The problem is, where I live is at&t (which i hate) or Verizon (which i now hate). So I'll go with at&t because I don't need unlimited voice , hotspot, and the ability to "share" my plans with anyone else.  I can get 3gb with unlimited text there $10 cheaper than Verizon's 2gb with unlimited text, So I'm paying for less minutes and more data, which is preferable, other than the fact at&t is a horrible company and I'd rather not deal with them anymore.  If Verizon drops that $40 because we can access fee, and keep the actual plan prices the same, I would love these plans , or even made it a one time payment like the activation fee.  I refuse to be charged for just having the phone I want to use on their network, and its total hocken-pooty that they feel that they can charge you for it and get away with it. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

zhanex3 wrote:

The problem is, where I live is at&t (which i hate) or Verizon (which i now hate). So I'll go with at&t because I don't need unlimited voice , hotspot, and the ability to "share" my plans with anyone else.  I can get 3gb with unlimited text there $10 cheaper than Verizon's 2gb with unlimited text, So I'm paying for less minutes and more data, which is preferable, 

Well then you do that. Problem solved.

0 Likes
dc996

if you have a nationwide 450 voice plan already, don't change it. $39.99 is the best you can do, just make sure you block text or you'll get charged for it.

If you need data, then just get a wi-fi tablet and go to a free hotspot whenever you need to get online, then you don't have to pay for data. Or use your data on a desktop. Having text and email on your phone is redundant if you have a computer or a wi-fi tablet.

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

dc996 is correct.  I upgraded this past weekend but I had done a lot of footwork in the meantime so I could go in fully informed.  If you are a current customer you can go with an individual tiered plan.  As an example, I had the Nationwide Talk 450 minutes, 250 texts and unlimited data.  Swapping to the same minutes and text and only paying for the 2GB data (I have never gone above a gig before), only raised my cost by a penny a month....essentially I have the same plan.  You can add another 2 GB at any time for only $10.00 where the data overage charge is $15 per gig (or portion thereof).

In my case even the lowest share everyhting plan would have added $20/month to the bill...I don't use my phone as an absolute lifeline so my texts, talk minutes and data usage are minimal.

0 Likes