When would Verizon increase a tower signal to satisfy increased use and customer satisfaction..
eyre

I live in a rural area, am about six miles from the nearest Verizon tower and we live in a valley with a hill blocking the tower signal. Ive talked with Verizon dozens of times about this and it never fails they first try to get me to change the settings on my phone, for why I don't know. I repeatedly tell them its not my phone- its the tower signal. Ive been told by an engineer at Verizon that they can increase the strength of signal on the tower and its been done and my service got significantly better but then it always reverts back.

There are days when my jetpak and phone show no service. I cannot call Verizon nor message them. It gets very frustrating. Then when I can get a bar or two and call them, I lose them midway thru the conversation.

My service resets on the 23rd of every month. I have Verizon unlimited with an Apple phone and jet pack. I work 8 hours a day and maybe watch 2 hours of Netflix a day average. Surf the net on my computer for 30 min and pay bills, but not daily.  I don't play games on my phone or computer and I will occasionally watch a youtube video. That's it.

Today is the 30th and I get a text telling me my jetpak has 10% remaining of the 15GB high speed mobile hotspot allowance and my data speed will be reduced up to 600kbps for the rest of the cycle.

I never have the full 4/5 bars of signal strength, maybe 2 at the most. My jet pak is constantly looking for signal. I pay $113 a month. I'm so tired of getting the same "talk" when I call Verizon. Its a waste of my time and theirs. Ive been putting up with this for years but now I have some hope with the phone company putting in internet in our area finally.

In order to download a movie on ITunes I have to go 30 miles into town and go to a store with Wifi and use it to download a movie. I spend a lot of money on Verizon service and expect more from them but I'm very disappointed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When would Verizon increase a tower signal to satisfy increased use and customer satisfaction..
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

eyre,

I can relate to the need of value in what you pay for monthly. Additionally, I understand how important having signal can be. Living in a valley with a hill blocking the line of site will definitely decrease the amount of signal received by your devices. Additionally, traffic on the network, foliage, construction, and building materials can also interfere with signal received which impacts your experience.

Which zip code are you having troubles in? How far do you need to travel to be able to use your services reliably? 

Kati_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: When would Verizon increase a tower signal to satisfy increased use and customer satisfaction..
boringusername
Master - Level 1

I'm pretty sure Verizon has the tower powered at the maximum legally allowed.

0 Likes