Re: When will Verizon activate RCS services?
The_Keebla

Android Messages will be the new default texting app Google wants you to use - The Verge

There's your proof sir. You can look into a little more if you want

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It's not default as I suspected.  It's not forced onto the device in the way of Google app, or Google Play Services. It's backs what I said right there...

But “default messaging app” is a very fraught idea on Android, where Google is pursuing a three-fold app strategy that also includes Allo and Hangouts. In this context, what it really means is that a slew of Android manufacturers have agreed to use Android Messenger instead of a custom app made by the manufacturer.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

The_Keebla wrote:

Android Messages will be the new default texting app Google wants you to use - The Verge

There's your proof sir. You can look into a little more if you want

You can easily change texting apps anytime you want. I've been using Messages+ for years now

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Verizon for example could pay OEMs to put Message+ on their branded phones like they do today. Google won't stop anyone because it isn't actually default(that's why the article put it in quotes). Even Samsung still chooses to use their own custom app over using Android Messages.  

Don't worry Verizon will eventually move over. If majority of the world and their competition uses it they would have no choice when people get accustomed to using them.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Tidbits wrote:

Don't worry Verizon will eventually move over. If majority of the world and their competition uses it they would have no choice when people get accustomed to using them.

wantitnowme.jpg

Adrock318

When will this be supported? It's already April. 

0 Likes