When will US Cellular allow Verizon Users to get 3G or even 4G LTE in Rainelle, WV and Surrounding areas?
kb198909

I of course happen to be with Verizon, and where i live right now i am under Extended Network with US Cellular. Cannot complain about the service since the tower my phone uses is on the mountain behind my house. 4-5 Bars inside, and a Solid 5 Bars outdoors, and Great Reception. But what i would like to know is in other places i have been to before i would go into extended network and was able to get 3G and even 4G LTE in some spots. But here all you can get is 1X, and or using your own WiFi. Does Verizon have any future plans to put up one of their own towers in my area to where we can get 3G or maybe 4G LTE, and or Does US Cellular have any plans to allow Verizon to use their 3G and 4G LTE in the near future? Because at times i cannot send picture messages, and even in some spots i cannot even use the internet from the 1X, or sometimes it will not even load at all. I really hope that Verizon or someone on here can get back to me regarding any changes or upgrades Verizon and or US Cellular may have for us to get 3G or possibly 4G LTE. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When will US Cellular allow Verizon Users to get 3G or even 4G LTE in Rainelle, WV and Surrounding areas?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are constantly enhancing our network kb198909. Currently, we do not have any information on when or where enhancements will take place. We encourage you to view our coverage map at vzw.com/map to stay up to date with coverage/enhancements. When you cannot send pictures, does this happen with full bars? What is your zip code? Which device do you have?

I am looking forward to your reply so that I can better assist.

Thank you,

Lena_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: When will US Cellular allow Verizon Users to get 3G or even 4G LTE in Rainelle, WV and Surrounding areas?
kb198909

Thanks for replying to my question. Well with 4 to 5 bars a majority of the time i cannot send picture messages hardly. I cannot even send a text message with so many sentences. Where i lived previously i had 4G LTE and did not have that problem, But since i moved here i do have that problem with the text messaging and picture messaging as well. But anyway like i said a lot of times i cannot send picture messages. and text messages with so many sentences. My Zip Code is 25962 and my phone is a Motorola Droid Razr M 4G LTE. But it could also be doing this also since i am picking up off the local carrier in this area. Also is there anything on the internet or whatnot that could possibly tell me about future Verizon towers. or upgrades to the Local carrier that partners with Verizon here?

0 Likes
kb198909

I live right infront of a mountain with a CDMA (US Cellular) Tower within 2,000 feet. Here are the speed tests i conducted inside my house.

WIFANDDATATESPEEDTEST2.pngWIFIANDDATASPEED1.JPGDATASPEEDTEST.png

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I suspect USCC has an exclusive right to the area there, so I would not expect VZW to plop a tower down anytime soon.

0 Likes
kb198909

I do know just a few miles from here you will get back onto Verizon's network. and if i didnt have a wifi router, My network extender would work here. Before i had gotten just a wifi broadband modem, I plugged my network extender in and sure enough i was able to get back into Verizon's network and have 3G. But they only travel within so many feet. If i can never get 3G or 4G LTE while i am living in this area, I may go with another National Carrier that does have it.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I looked at the coverage maps you are close, just not close enough

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there kb198909,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the services in your home area.  Rainelle, WV falls within a extended network so signal may vary while in the area. Try turning on data roaming,http://vz.to/U5idpT and let us know if the data speeds improve.

Nicholas_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kb198909

Actually it was already on, But i fixed that problem for my house and a few 100 feet around. Since I am north and west of Verizon Coverage i hooked up my Network Extender to my DSL Broadband and within a half hour it went back into Verizons Network and Instead of that crappy 1X, I now have 3G so i can send longer text messages.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

US Cellular's service isn't to bad but there 4G Bill is pretty Light in some area's It's Nonexistent around here and they've been in this Town at least 4 to 6 Years I wonder if it will be in the Next millennium before we in this area will see it. b

0 Likes