When to call to close account when contract ends
heavenearth21

My contract is up on October 15 i want to close my account when contract ends since my  account manager no longer wants to use the account any longer. so i  wanted to know when do i exactly call Verizon to cancel before the date  or the same day ? and how will the process of closing the account will  be?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When to call to close account when contract ends
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is incorrect. If the contract ends on 10/15/2013 and the billing cycle ends on the 6th of every month, the OP should wait to port out the number or cancel the account until sometime between November 1st and the 6th. Verizon doesn't prorate the final bill so even if the account is close before the 6th, the OP will be charged through the 6th of November. The OP should also pay the bill that is also due on the 1st or 2nd as that covers the billing cycle through Nov 6th.

Also if the OP cancels the account on 10/15, they ccould still potentially be charged the ETF since they technically haven't finished the contract until the 16th at midnight.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

heavenearth21

also my billing cycles ends on the 6th of every month so should i call october 1 to cancel since my contract ends the 15th of october

0 Likes
lilbum1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Call the day the contract ends MODERATOR COMMENT: The previous sentence is incorrect. if you cancel the day the contract ends, there will be an early termination fee assessed.< If you do it before they will charge you the an early termination fee. I swear that I was told if I did it even one day before the end of the contract I would pay a prorated etf. Also, if he wants to keep the number then I would port it out first the final day of the contract or he will loose the number. Make sure it is completely transferred and working before canceling. If that's not important to him then just call to cancel it when the time comes.

Normally, the service cancels with the port process, but I wouldn't trust them not to charge you an extra day or two.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes
lilbum1
Enthusiast - Level 2

You'll have a prorated final bill. Or should have anyway

0 Likes
heavenearth21

thank you

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is incorrect. If the contract ends on 10/15/2013 and the billing cycle ends on the 6th of every month, the OP should wait to port out the number or cancel the account until sometime between November 1st and the 6th. Verizon doesn't prorate the final bill so even if the account is close before the 6th, the OP will be charged through the 6th of November. The OP should also pay the bill that is also due on the 1st or 2nd as that covers the billing cycle through Nov 6th.

Also if the OP cancels the account on 10/15, they ccould still potentially be charged the ETF since they technically haven't finished the contract until the 16th at midnight.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please read my other reply to . Their information about cancelling your account was incorrect.

0 Likes
lilbum1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow. So if you cancel in mid cycle you pay for a half of a month even if no service?

Another reason I'm going prepaid at the end if my contracts. Criminals.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is all spelled out in the Customer Agreement. http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/globalText?textName=CUSTOMER_AGREEMENT&jspName=footer/customerAgr...

0 Likes
lilbum1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Even spelled out in an agreement still stinks.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes