When Ordering is really not an option?
Not applicable

I just had the craziest chat while trying to order a new phone at full price and tablet for my wife. The selecting of the devices was OK, I selected Month-Month at full price. The totals were shown no problem.  Then it went to selecting a plan. Well my phones are unlimited and she wanted the Samsung Galaxy tab 2 Tablet.  A screen at the bottom stated my unlimited plan was no longer available and wanted to change me over to a share plan. Now the fun began. A chat window popped up and this gentleman asked if he could help? I said since I am purchasing the phone And tablet at full price I don't lose my unlimited data on the purchase of her new full price phone. But I just wanted 2 GB of data for the New tablet.  The guy said that when adding a new line of service the system will change the unlimited data plan to the share plan. I told him this is not correct, since there is no subsidy. He said to go to the store and first purchase the new phone at full price. The store will let the unlimited data remain. He was not absolutely sure but said try the corporate store. Then he proceeds to tell me that I can buy the tablet and use it as a month to month with the data plan I choose. Again this was not able to be done online.  I normally just walk into the store and buy the phone and just swap it out. With no problem. However buying the tablet seems to be another matter. I will stop up later tonight or tomorrow and see if the store can do what I want done.  However my wife said to just forget it, because a hassle is not worth it. She may be correct.  I also went to Sprint & T-Mobile to see if I encountered the same to buy her WiFi/Cellular Tablet. I had no problem Ordering, selecting the data plan under no contract at Sprint and T-Mobile has no contracts but it worked flawless right up to the submit order button.  Bottom line here is we Verizon customers have to be very careful while ordering online. I was just too amused to argue with the poor guy any longer. His suggestion of the store was probably the best advice. Shows what happens when I am lazy.  So just watch those order screens if anyone decides to add anything to your existing account. Verizon is using any means to get you off that unlimited plan.  Good Luck

Labels (1)
Re: When Ordering is really not an option?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I ran across this article recently and bookmarked to find it again. It might help. http://www.droid-life.com/2013/08/29/tip-to-order-the-moto-x-or-any-phone-from-verizon-at-full-retai...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thank you Ann.

I thought I was losing my marbles.

0 Likes
Not applicable

On a side note, my wife went to a Sprint store and the guy there sold the Samsung Galaxy 3 Tablet to her for $299 plus tax. ($320) he said the 2 GB of data is on special for $15 and the bill would also include taxes and Sprint surcharges so around $20 total a month. The $36 activation charge was waived since she said Sprint is losing loads of customers and she could just pay full price and a little more on verizon at their store.

I still have to get her the new phone she picks out tonight in the morning. She said Sprint offered her a new device for nothing with unlimited talk and text and unlimited data, and was interested in using her verizon as a $100 credit for the port, and again no activation fees. Of course she loves that 4G LTE which in honesty Sprint said they did not have all over where we live. 3G is what he stated to her. But in 4G areas it will pick up the faster speeds.

I am not positive but she was actually laughing when she told me about it. Said if any problem keeping her unlimited data tomorrow when I buy her a new phone, said she would leave for that Sprint deal. Total cost of unlimited everything is $80

We shall see how everything turns out.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

The only time I had to have something shipped to my door was when I got my first R.Maxx other than that I done all Transactions at the store but have thought of trying ordering online as long as there is No headaches...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How does this pertain to the original topic? The store rep could be clueless about what options are available and mess up the account even more. At least Elector knows what should or shouldn't happen to prevent issues.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I guess it's judged on how you look at it.. I was mentioning something that I done and thought of doing to Elector.!  I could of sent it DM message I put it in the thread instead.. As for issues when i was ordering there was none,  as for issues with my phones I've used them for over 2 years now and I couldn't be any happier.. but with technology you have move on.. so as it goes... Later b

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yeah just DM me. Smiley Happy

I was playing with her new tablet last night, its WiFi and 3/4G it did not have a load of space left on it so I put a 32 GB SD card into it. She said she does not need the extra GB

However it connected at 3G at the house, and WiFi was a little quirky. I finally put it on its own channel and it was pretty fast. Not as fast as her iPad Air with Retina Display. Nor was it as crisp as her iPad. But she wanted it for when WiFi is not available on the road, or at the beach etc. Galaxy Tab 3 is not too bad.

She looked at phones last night and said there was not one she liked more than her Motorola RAZR which works perfect still but battery life is diminishing. I offered to bring to a local service center and just replace the battery. That may be the best solution for now. I am trying to get her to get a new iPhone 5S but who knows.

And I wanted to buy her that new phone today. Oh well.

B33
Legend

We'll do i was wondering if all things went well, off to eat some foodSmiley Happy talk to ya in little bit.. b

0 Likes