What's the Cost of Adding Data Plans to 700 Shared Voice and Text Plan?
JC396

I currently have a 700 shared voice and text messaging plan with five basic cell phones. Based on a conversation with a Verizon customer service rep and a chat session, it appears that converting a phone from basic to smart and adding 2Gb of data to the phone would result in a net cost increase of $30 per month plus tax, thus converting three phones would result in a net cost increase of $90 per month plus tax. Do I have this correct or are there any charges I missed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What's the Cost of Adding Data Plans to 700 Shared Voice and Text Plan?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You've got it correct.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I concur. The taxes might also increase slightly as well.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear JC396,

Good afternoon. I am excited to see your interest in upgrading to smartphone on your account. Ensuring you are aware of calling plan cost associated with smartphones are important.

If you wish to keep your 700 Family share plan and upgrade to smartphones, you are correct, each line that upgrades to a smartphone would be required to add a data plan of #30.00 or higher. However, if multiple lines will be upgrading to a smartphone, I would recommend going to our Share Everything plan. To view our Share Everything plans and cost please click http://bit.ly/xdDajD . Should you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us. Have a great day!

Thank You,
Michelle_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
djdevo
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, if I upgrade my basic phone to a smart phone and sign a new 2 year contract, how long must I keep the data plan if I decide I want to go back to my basic phone? (as if I won't get addicted to the smart phone).  Would I be able to drop the data plan and revert back to my basic phone and plan without any fees or penalties other than staying with verizon for 2 years?

Just curious.  The deals on smart phones makes it appealing, but still not sure I NEED or WANT all that.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can only drop the data plan when you reactivate the basic phone. You will have to keep the line of service active until you completed the two year contract or incur the ETF.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

To add to what Ann154 has stated, you can switch back to your basic phone whenever you would like without ANY fees or penalties. The very next day, even.

That is UNLESS you have purchased your equipment from a 3rd party retailer which may or may not have additional restrictions on service. Some 3rd party retailers require you to maintain you level of service which probably includes the data portion for a minimum of 181 days.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

And the ETF with Verizon is based on the subsidized phone purchased with the contract, not the phone currently on the line.  So if you didn't complete your contract, the ETF would be $350 minus $10 for each full month of your contract term that you complete, not $175 minus $5 for each full month that you complete.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the assist Ann154. As she stated, the data plan is not required when a basic phone is activated on the number djdevo. May I ask what make and model smartphone are you interested in? Shopping for a new phone is always an exciting experience. Let me know how I can help in any way.

Arnett_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes