Re: What reaction, if any, can we expect from Verizon in regards to the T-Mobile program to pay early cancellations fees? (This is sort of a 2-part question)
D-Dub

Thank you, Verizon Michelle, but no need for another device at this point. I found one elsewhere. Not to be combative, but the answers to every one of your questions are in this thread in my posts. I would direct you there.

I was very interested in a Certified Pre-Owned at the time, but I needed something immediately and all of the stores told me explicitly that they did not have used phones and further, didn't sell them at all. If waiting was an option, I would have considered online, but mostly I couldn't wait the 2 days or whatever expedited was.

That part is basically concluded, however. What I'm trying to determine now is whether Verizon intends on making their smartphone price-attractive enough for me to upgrade to that when my contract is up or when my patience wears out, whichever is first. If Verizon insists on being that much more expensive than say T-Mobile, perhaps it could be explained to me how it is valuable to that extent, given that I have had both services. 

It saddens me that Verizon could not be there when I needed them, but you still have a chance...

0 Likes
Re: What reaction, if any, can we expect from Verizon in regards to the T-Mobile program to pay early cancellations fees? (This is sort of a 2-part question)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Walter4396,

We want contacting us to be easy! I apologize if this is not occuring. You can use our contact us page http://vz.to/19bXyZu to talk to someone via Live Chat, Verizon Wireless Community, Social Media via Twitter or Facebook, or by Phone. You can click on "Phone" >then I need help with finding device or account support> our customer service numbers (1-800-922-0204 ) are listed and a shortcuts to reach customer service from your phone.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

We want contacting us to be easy!

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

, many would tend to disagree with your statement as email would be the EASIEST way to contact for MANY users, let alone being the preferred method. Not everyone has a Facebook OR Twitter account, nor does everyone want one and/or how it even works. There are MANY on these forums who claim LOOOONNNNGGGG wait times when calling in. While I have NEVER experienced long wait times when calling CS, I will take them at their word. This leaves email which would be the easiest way for MANY users.

If Verizon REALLY was sincere about making contact easier, it never would have taken away the option of email.

HelenT

I'm not all that thrilled with the Brightside either to be honest. 

I had a phone prior to the Brightside that I loved, but it died.  Everything available as far as dumbphones was honestly a downgrade from that one.  Buying a used Brightside was better than the ones they wanted me to buy brand new.  I mean what does that tell you...ya know?!

I realize times have changed, and the smartphones are going to be the decent phones from now on.  Anything else but those you have to deal with.  My type of account is not something I guess they make enough money on.  It is what it is I guess.  At the time turning to smartphones would have incurred $30/mo x 4 phones.  Thanks, but no thanks!

My Sister in Law is a banker, and uses T Mobile.  She can't afford to be out of touch with her business, and has no issues here at all.  We checked the coverage area online for places we frequent.  The husband's tree stand location would be 2G, but he just wants to make calls - not surf the web anyway.  We are talking about couple of weeks in the year too.

I can get us Samsung Lights for $150 on HSN, and then pay less per month...and we all have smartphones.  That includes one upcharge for data on the Husband's phone.  The Teenagers can fork the money out themselves each month if they want more data than they get.  If they go over their data limits they are slowed down to a crawl, and we aren't dinged each month for extra data.  I don't want to babysit the data each month to be honest.  That also was very attractive.  I shouldn't have to pay my carrier an extra charge for them to do it - that's nuts!  All I wanted was to check email, and it would be $10/mo more than what we are paying now with Verizon.  So T Mobile with their lowest data section is okay with me - and its less money than we are paying now.  MORE for less in other words.

We plan to sit on this for a month, and seriously think about it.  I would rather save for my retirement than pay more for a cell phone bill each month JUST to get smartphones.  We have been with them forever, but I also know we aren't their target audience either.  I think that is just the reality of it for us.  They won't be banging down our doors to keep us.

0 Likes
denbush
Enthusiast - Level 2

I find nothing compelling to stay with Verizon.  I have all major networks available in my area.  Having been a long term customer of Verizon I don't understand how their new plans, which don't even come close to what ATT came out with, benefits me.  The share everything would have cost me $50 more, and now these more of everything cost nothing less.   My two lines with one having unlimited data and the other 2gb exceed what ATT offers for four phones.  Have already moved my parents off Verizion with their basic phones and now I guess I will be leaving as well.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

You cannot decipher or troubleshoot issues over printed word. Calling or going in the store is the best preferred method. By print is akin to wanting to go through the drive thru - it's because you're (not u specifically) are lazy and want instant gratification. I've never had long hold times either.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tommyman, we're disturbed to hear that you feel this way about visiting our store locations. It's our goal to ensure that D-Dub has the best customer service experience when he comes to see us. What happened to make you feel this way? Your feedback will be appreciated as it allows us to hear your voice and recommendations on how we can be better for you. 

For your convenience, click http://vz.to/3SdsA for the closest store location.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly don't want to lose you, HelenT. I understand that with a family full of smartphones cost can be a concern. Have you reviewed our new Share Everything plan to see if this would be more beneficial to you? http://vz.to/W24dla

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
D-Dub

The Share Everything plan is a (small) step in the right direction, but by my comparisons, Verizon is still the most expensive. I will continue monitoring the plans and see if anything changes, but the bottom line is that it is still insufficient. I don't mind paying a bit more for Verizon (have done so basically since I switched from T-Mobile some years back), but pushing $100 more per month is out of the question. Even half of that more per month is out of the question.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi denbush,

That definitely sounds alarming! We want you to always stay with the best provider in the Nation. I can confirm that our pricing is very competitive when compared to AT&T. The new plan that AT&T is marketing would require you to finance your device or bring a compatible GSM model. The finance charges are what they leave out, or as some people call the fine print. You can expect to pay anywhere from $15-$30 additional per line to utilize this plan based upon which devices you select. Yes, 10GB for $160 sounds great. However, once you add the device charges this price does climb at an alarming rate. Have you review our newest offerings http://vz.to/W24dla? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes