Re: What reaction, if any, can we expect from Verizon in regards to the T-Mobile program to pay early cancellations fees? (This is sort of a 2-part question)
D-Dub

All of these things are likely true.They will get their money if they break the contract, though in this scenario, it will ultimately come from T-Mobile and not from me.

I am, however, willing to give Verizon the benefit of the doubt, though given that an actual Verizon rep has not responded yet perhaps indicates that they do not care enough to take advantage of the opportunity. If not, aside from the momentary inconvenience, I have no real issues with switching to T-Mobile. It's fine for them to just sit and collect money, but this is their chance to not be fragile when needed, especially given how many people I switched over when my friend was working there. I think Verizon will need to respond to this in some way, though, at a corporate level...

0 Likes
Re: What reaction, if any, can we expect from Verizon in regards to the T-Mobile program to pay early cancellations fees? (This is sort of a 2-part question)
D-Dub

Meant to say they will get their money if I break the contract, not if they do. I suppose they would, after a fashion, if they broke it also, though...

0 Likes
Not applicable

PK71 wrote:

Well, I hear that Walmart has a plan that offers really good coverage and online capability. Verizon has very poor customer service and are over priced compared to other options.

If you're talking about Straight Talk they use either At&t or Sprint or Verizon networks. Only the Straight Talk phones on At&t networks even have 4G capability otherwise you're on 3G. Also you have to pay full price for the phones. Also they say they have unlimited data but it's actually limited to 2.5 GB. They also say you're not allowed to tether and you are not supposed watch streaming video or stream music. Also whichever network they are using if there an issue with congestion Straight Talk's data gets deprioritized first. Yeah sounds great.

0 Likes
Not applicable

D-Dub wrote:

Meant to say they will get their money if I break the contract, not if they do. I suppose they would, after a fashion, if they broke it also, though...

Except Verizon doesn't break the terms of the contacts. If they did people would riot. The same people that bash Verizon for not letting them break the terms of the contracts without penalty.

<< Comment removed to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
D-Dub

I sort of would rather stay with Verizon, if for no other reason that I can use my backup phone from them...well, I will be able to once I go buy one at Radio Shack, I guess. I have had no real issues with their service, other than connectivity with T-Mobile has historically been slightly better, just rather with Verizon being more expensive without commensurate value.

That will probably be the course I take...go buy a backup basic phone to get things operational and then take a hard look at things. Definitely the providers are doing their best to railroad subscribers into smartphones and one of them should be coming up with a cohesive and hopefully much better plan soon. Hopefully the delay on this will be enough for Verizon to respond in one way or another.

0 Likes
D-Dub

After my visit to a few stores, it is clear Verizon does not value my time and given their lack of response to this, evidently they don't value my business, either...looks like it may be the end when my contract is up...I managed to find a used phone, so back in order for now, but I had to waste nearly an entire day doing it...in my book, Verizon has to do better than this.

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

I fail to see why "Verizon has to do better" to accommodate someone who has a broken phone through no fault of Verizon.

Them "not doing anything" for you is not in any way a failure on their part. It seems more like a pervasive entitlement mindset being rampant.

Not applicable

D-Dub wrote:

After my visit to a few stores, it is clear Verizon does not value my time and given their lack of response to this, evidently they don't value my business, either...looks like it may be the end when my contract is up...I managed to find a used phone, so back in order for now, but I had to waste nearly an entire day doing it...in my book, Verizon has to do better than this.

You do realize that Verizon stores even corporate ones nor a CS rep has the power to change the rates of which Verizon charges for services. So I'm not sure why you expect that. Can you walk into McDonald's and demand the cashier charge you less than the stated price for a value meal? Also you expect Verizon to make an except for YOU. Well why are you more special than any of us? Why should YOU pay less and not ME? So that means Verizon has to make an exception for EVERYONE. Well that's not going to work.

D-Dub

Anon: Frankly, stores and corporate have a lot more latitude than you seem to think. It becomes a matter if they are willing to extend it. I know this as a matter of personal experience but no longer have anyone on the inside to help facilitate this. The purpose of this thread was not solely for my own sake, but also to see if they intend on coming up with new pricing programs to compete with T-Mobile, for all subscribers, not just me. If not, then not, but unless they know this is desired, I don't know that their altruistic sense is really going to move them to change things.

ttipgem: So far I have not been able to have anyone across 4 different stores help me with options, nor anyone on the website via chat nor on this thread, in terms of actual Verizon reps. If a phone breaks like that and it is as pressing as this particular case is, I don't see why would not be able to discount any of the phones at that respective level. By their inflated pricing, they are making piles and piles of money and have historically from me and all of the bills are paid on time. I currently have 3 lines with them and I should think they would not want to lose that kind of customer base, so whether it is their fault or not, if I'm asking them for some assistance and telling them I need them to stand and deliver or risk losing me, there should be someone there interested enough in customer retention to make some sort of allowance or even roll it into a mini-upgrade and plan change. Again, if not, then not. All I'm saying is that is what it will take and if they don't value me enough, T-Mobile does.

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Good luck.

0 Likes