What is the best phone and plan to use when traveling to Italy on a Cruise?
dking
I am going to on a cruise to Italy in October and would like information on the best phone service while I am there.  Also, I will be eligible for a new phone in July and would like to get the right one with global features so I could be in contact with my family in New York while I am away for 14 days. 
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What is the best phone and plan to use when traveling to Italy on a Cruise?
Spanky
Contributor - Level 1

On a cruise ship, (most of them have service at this point, but you may want to ask your travel agent) the International (out of port) rate for service is 2.49 per minute, so be reasonable; it's supposed to be a vacation anyway, right?  Put the phone away and relax, enjoy the ride.

While in Italy, it is a different story. If you travel overseas a lot, the Samsung Renown is the best Global capable phone that isn't a PDA-style device.  Otherwise the Saga and Storm are always cool choices.

Lastly, VZW has a program where they can loan you a global-capable device for a short time... call them, you may be eligible to borrow their phone, and save that upgrade for what you REALLY want!!

0 Likes
Re: What is the best phone and plan to use when traveling to Italy on a Cruise?
MAX658
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ask your self how long you will be going and how much will you like to use the phone ..

you might looking in to a pride Co..

You will need a phone that has a SIM card , that that uses GSM ,, I call AT&T you might be cheaper in the long run AT&T phone’s all

use a SIM card and are all GSM

0 Likes