Re: What is Verizon doing to protect our privacy from an intrusive government?
robscot

They've already shown what they do about an intrusive government.  I haven't used my phone since I found out, it's been off. Cell phones really are unnecessary. My contract with them will be canceled.  How are they going to Rectify that they broke the laws of the United States of America, ie: privacy act, 4th Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America, and broken their own contract and the trust of people who depended on them. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

So you stopped using your phone but you're still on the internet? Didn't you read where all these major websites gave the government backdoor access to their data? Oh and since this site is run by the same company giving the evil government your data then the government surely has seen your anti-government post here. So no doubt they are already coming to take you away to the FEMA death camps. Maybe Canada will grant you asylum.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Using a landline now? Well they are captured also. Tin cans and a string may be in your futire

thebonecrusher10
Enthusiast - Level 1

I still have a very bad taste in my mouth from them handing over my phone records. My contract is up soon, and I'm going phone free! I have internet access wherever I go, and all those who matter can reach me immediately online.

I'm not going to patronize a company that doesn't fight for human rights.

Not applicable

It is more a Privacy Issue, not Human Rights.

I believe people must do what they have to do. Going phone free may be great for you. But online privacy is just an issue. Just read up on if through Google or other sources

Good Luck

Nikalette
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for posting this. I have just watched a 2 hour special on public television, which included information on corporate cooperation with the NSA on warrantless wiretapping and other invasions of privacy. I also watched A TED talk with Snowden. I learned Verizon is one of a group of telecommunications companies who have long cooperated with the government, depending on them for regulatory matters.  They could be said to be an agent of the government. I have nothing to hide, I'm a disabled senior, but I am really angry. I have been a Verizon customer for years, and I rarely use my cell phone anyway, but I am going to cancel Veriizon and switch to throwaway phones. I have to do some research. My daughter and I don't use our phones to search the web, really just for texting each other and she texts friends, but the people who have the power to turn this around is the public. We have all the power because these are commercial entities, and as much as they depend on the government they depend more on our dollars. For the few minutes we use our phones every month, I pay about $1500 a year.  I can take that away. Verizon is one of the worst offenders and I for one am not going to tolerate it, I am not a criminal or a terrorist. I am an American citizen law-abiding and patriotic.

0 Likes
Nikalette
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh, and I have also cancelled Amazon browsing and purchases until they encrypt everything.  I am going to cancel my land line with ATT and do some research on anonymous wen browsing. WHY?  Who cares about my shopping habits or browsing habits?  No one, but I will not be spied on in an illegal manner. I AM AN AMERICAN, WITH CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS.  One step,at a time.  The NSA took the idiocy of American intelligence pre 911, which was their fault and could have been avoided with minimal intelligence, and are turning it in us as if we and not they were to blame.  it is a massive psychological defense mechanism, called denial and projection, BUT MAINLY THEY ARE DOING IT BECAUSE WE LET THEM.

0 Likes
Nikalette
Enthusiast - Level 2

TThere are no lawful orders. These are warrant less wiretaps and searches, all under the auspices of the Patriot Act.  It is illegal and unconstitutional and if enough people gripe about it and take their dollars back, it will stop.

0 Likes