Re: What is Verizon doing to protect our privacy from an intrusive government?
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon has no Legal Cause to. Release phone information to the government

PeoriaAZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Where do I sign up for a class action suit?  I will let my contracts expire with Verizon and do business with local companies who understand American constitutional values.

Or

Verizon can step up and reveal exactly who in our government by name is asking for this information.

2cool4school
Contributor - Level 1

This is a pretty terrible situation but Verizon isn't the only company doing this, I checked into it and all the cellular companies and land lines along with search engines and even social networking sights are all getting the same treatment. Don't get mad at VZW as bad as this is, they have to answer to a subpoena or get shut down, lose lose for everybody except Uncle Sam

0 Likes
PeoriaAZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

"Lawful orders" come from law makers with names.  It's time we start learning who is driving this.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

The Supreme Court has already ruled two years ago Cell Companies can not be sued under a class action suit

0 Likes
PeoriaAZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just give us the names on the documents.  Ultimately, one person is accountable.  We deserve to know a name.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Uh, a court order is enough for them and ATT, Sprint, and TM and others to release the info the Government wanted. Remember this started 8 yrs or so ago.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Check the records 8 years back, you will know who they are. And today, most Representatives say they support this program.

0 Likes
nathanity
Enthusiast - Level 3

The name on the document was a very high ranking intelligence Judge...good luck getting anywhere with that

0 Likes
wastedacres
0 Likes