Re: What is Verizon doing to protect our privacy from an intrusive government?
blackopsjeep
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's because they make $$$ by sharing our info. I'm well aware of companies sharing info, but the NSA thing has it going way too far.  Sharing individuals info with the feds is fine if they are under suspicion or investigation of wrongdoing or some other crime against our country. I get that.  But blanket sharing of EVERYONE's information to the feds is treasonous at the very least.

kitkatbar
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't even get through to customer service.  I am ending my contract early, screw the termination fee.  Verizon, like many many other huge corporations in this country, is either in bed with this administration or terrified of the thugs therein.  Either way, no longer a company with whom I want to do business.  Perhaps if enough people pull their money away, Verizon will get a clue as to whom their loyalty should be.

spaldingjag
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, when I was signing on today the first thing I saw was how Verizon is dedicated to protecting my privacy.  Bull crap!!!

blackopsjeep
Enthusiast - Level 3

yeah I will be cancelling all 4 of my lines shortly and moving to prepaid on another carrier.  No bills, and no privacy issues on prepaid.

ConnieB0513
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just spent an hour on the phone with Verizon....after 3 levels of supervisors I am pretty embarrassed that they are my carrier. When questioned if they have a Court Order with MY name on it to turn over records they cannot provide any answers....tried to terminate my 4 line contract after they have now breached that contract....hmmm, they can't. I am searching for a class action lawsuit now as they have breached their contract with me as of April 19, 2013 and have held my feet to a fire about a contract that they've breached.....CALLING ALL LAWYERS...who will take this suit??? Verizon's ass is in a wringer!

ConnieB0513
Enthusiast - Level 2

ALSO, everyone needs to send a FOIA request to Verizon requesting a copy of the court order that allegedly requests their records BY NAME. I'm a paralegal....and Verizon was always the LAST to provide court ordered records....they have NO record with YOUR name on it so they never should've turned it over...it should've  been fought!!!

ConnieB0513
Enthusiast - Level 2

here is a link to a sample FOIA letter...

http://publications.usa.gov/epublications/foia/letters.htm

0 Likes
Not applicable

Cannot be done. Class actions are not allowed and Verizons Privacy Policy states they comply with lawful court orders etc.

Read it here:

http://www22.verizon.com/about/privacy/policy/#insideVz

nathanity
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just posting this on every Forum I come across regarding this issue:

Yeah this is nothing new, its just like the government issuing a search warrant, VZW is obligated to comply because we all know what happens when they knock on your door with a warrant and you say go away...They bring down the door and come in anyway, this is the same concept

jondal
Contributor - Level 1

Vzw cust serice told me that this is all not true yet. The have. Violated what I send up for. But they said that they will. Notify customers by email or mail. If this turns out to be true Verizon is Trying to fight this

0 Likes